Question Trying to install new NVMe ssd

Oct 15, 2020
I have a AMD Ryzen 5 3600x. I have a GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER. My motherboard is Asus Prime x570-p. My board has 2 m.2 slot. I have a Samsung ssd 970 EVO 500GB. I am trying to add a new WD BLUE SN550 NVMe ssd 1TB. Then I get one of two problems.#1. I see the screen that asks me if i want to go into the BOIS press DEL or f2. I try to get into the BOIS but nothing happens. #2. My screen just says that it can't find input and will go into power saving mode. How do I fix this problem? If I take out the new m.2 ssd, everything works fine. I have also tried my 1st m.2 in the other slot and my computer works fine. I then tried to install the new m.2 ssd into where my 1st m.2 was at. I then had the problem that my screen would not show anything. It would say it is going into "Power saving mode...". Try and go into power save mode and repeat. I think that the computer is giving a signal but it just stops.

SM/Madao

Great
Jul 2, 2020
I have a AMD Ryzen 5 3600x. I have a GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER. My motherboard is Asus Prime x570-p. My board has 2 m.2 slot. I have a Samsung ssd 970 EVO 500GB. I am trying to add a new WD BLUE SN550 NVMe ssd 1TB. Then I get one of two problems.#1. I see the screen that asks me if i want to go into the BOIS press DEL or f2. I try to get into the BOIS but nothing happens. #2. My screen just says that it can't find input and will go into power saving mode. How do I fix this problem? If I take out the new m.2 ssd, everything works fine. I have also tried my 1st m.2 in the other slot and my computer works fine. I then tried to install the new m.2 ssd into where my 1st m.2 was at. I then had the problem that my screen would not show anything. It would say it is going into "Power saving mode...". Try and go into power save mode and repeat. I think that the computer is giving a signal but it just stops.
CMOS Reset?