Question Trying to play games on one monitor makes everything on 2nd monitor move

belveder

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
G'day, I have 2 x LG 32BN88U-B 31.5” Ergo IPS UHD 4K Ultrafine™ Monitor (3840x2160) on my new PC build.

When I try to play games on my primary monitor which is connected to my pc via DP cable the apps opened on my 2nd monitor (which is connected to pc via HDMI) move all over the place including onto my primary.

I've used many variations of dual monitors over the years and never had this issue but I;ve never had identical monitors so any help would be appreciated please.

I use Display Monitor as my go to software which usually sorts things out.

Ralston18

Titan
Press "WIN" + "P" keys.

A Project menu should appear with 4 choices: PC screen only, Duplicate, Extend, Second screen only.

Which choice is being used?

= = = =

Also: if you right click an empty area of the desktop a menu with several choices should appear.

One choice is "Show more options". Select that choice.

Another menu should appear showing the GPU's manufacturer's name followed by "Control Panel"

Clicking the Control Panel choice will lead to many display related configuration options. Take a look to determine if the options are as you expect or require.

Also check what Windows believes is the main display.

FYI:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-monitor/d4254bd2-61c3-400d-ade7-b83def178cf3

Also:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/desk... the IconCache-Files under the folder AppData.

belveder

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Thanks for the quick replies. I'll try to answer in order

My monitors are set to extend desktop.

My primary monitor is set to monitor one so that's ok.

I don't really know what upscaling tech is but i do use Display Fusion.

Mmmm game resolution is different depending on the game, so I can't help you with that. I play on Steam and when I tried Pinball FX3 or Grim Dawn this morning (for example, has been doing this since I bought the computer) Steam app ends up on monitor 2 in full screen. Browser ends up on monitor one.

I checked out those links thanks, they didn't help sadly