Trying to plug LG TV into PC

TheDualshock

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Hey guys, I'm in a pickle right now and I've been scratching my head to why I'm not able to plug my TV via HDMI to my PC. So what my current setup is :

-1 monitor plugged to graphics card via DVI (male DVI to female HDMI adapter)
-1 monitor plugged to graphics card via DVI
-1 TV plugged into graphics card via HDMI

Now the problem is that I can't seem to get the PC to manage all three together. If I unplug my first monitor, my TV displays and if plug the first monitor back, the TV gets disconnected and my first monitor retakes the display. The second monitor is always connected. AMD Catalyst and Windows' "Screen resolution settings" detect my LG TV but when I try to set the LG TV to extend desktop to this display, an error appears saying : "The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings".

Been scratching my head on this one, would be great if I could get some assistance here

Sincerely,
TheDualshock

TheDualshock

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
The TV is HDMI to HDMI, the first monitor is the top DVI on the card (HDMI to HDMI into male DVI/female HDMI adapter), second monitor is DVI to DVI (bottom DVI port)

edit : I tried the TV to the HDMI/adapter and HDMI to monitor and it didn't work.

TheDualshock

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Only my 2 monitors light up and I can move around on them and TV doesn't do anything but in the TV input list, the HDMI appears and so is it detected in Catalyst/Windows screen resolution thingy.

In response to i7Baby, I believe the top DVI is DVI-I Dual Link and the bottom one in DVI-D Dual Link so first monitor is in DVI-I and second DVI-D.

Your card - http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?p... - has "Dual-link DVI-I*1 / DVI-D*1 / DisplayPort*1 / HDMI*1"

So you are using DVI-I on one - to what port on the monitor?

And DVI-D on another - to what port on the monitor?

And HDMI to HDMI?

TheDualshock

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014

DVI-I is going from a DVI to HDMI adapter to my HDMI monitor.
DVI-D is going straight to the DVI port on my second monitor.
TV HDMI is directly to HDMI on GPU.