Trying to reload Windows XP recovery disks.

I have a HP ze4100 laptop computer. It had Windows XP operating system. One
day I turned on the computer and got the message: no operating system found.
I have tried to load the system recovery disks (a total of 7) but get the
error: error encountered while creating Save to Disk partition.
I do not need to save any files or data: I just need to be able to
re-install Windows XP.

Thanks, Jamedare

--
Jamedare

Operating System Not Found" or "Missing operating system" error message when
you start your Windows XP-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321626&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Jamedare" <Jamedare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a HP ze4100 laptop computer. It had Windows XP operating system.
One
> day I turned on the computer and got the message: no operating system
found.
> I have tried to load the system recovery disks (a total of 7) but get the
> error: error encountered while creating Save to Disk partition.
> I do not need to save any files or data: I just need to be able to
> re-install Windows XP.
>
> Thanks, Jamedare

I'd expect that these would indicate that the system has lost the drive -
check that it is detected in the BIOS. It may have simply failed or just
need to be removed and reseated. If it's failed, a replacement drive should
be properly detected. See if you can borrow another one known to work; if
that does not work, other hardware is indicated, which will mean
professional servicing.

HTH
-pk