Question Trying to use two gpus simultaneously for streaming apps and gaming. Is it possible?

Oct 10, 2022
Hi! I am a Vtuber on twitch and currently I encounter performance issues during streaming. I recenlty upgraded to a 3060 from a 1660S hoping it would resolve these issues, but no luck. I have the idea that I could use These 2 gpus at once dedicating the 3060 to gaming and the 1660S to streaming apps with large GPU overhead. So far I couldnt make it work. Can you give me some advice how can I make it work?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I recenlty upgraded to a 3060 from a 1660S
Did you use DDU to uninstall your former GPU drivers from your platform, before you removed the GTX1660Super from the build to replace it with the RTX3060? Also, can you please state the make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Oct 10, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I recenlty upgraded to a 3060 from a 1660S
Did you use DDU to uninstall your former GPU drivers from your platform, before you removed the GTX1660Super from the build to replace it with the RTX3060? Also, can you please state the make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Hi!
I didn't use DDU since I was upgrading fomr nVidia to nVidia. But after the fact when i started to experiment I did DDU it, then used Geforce experience to install the latest drivers.
I have a Cooler Master 850W Gold power supply, about 3 years old. When I connect the GPU-s they are outputing video. But when I load up a 3D application, only one is working, wich is fine since I am not running in SLI.
The problem is that I can not assign each GPU to different programs.
Also only one gpu handles all the load (and it gets choosen randomly between startups), the other does nothing (3-10% load). Switching them on the motherborad didnt impove the situation. Plugging my monitors into only one GPU at the time didnt help it. (I have encountered a pretty intreresting phenomenon, where I had my monitors plugged into one card, but the other washandling 3D.

I have read online that you can choose the desired GPU within nVidia control panel, but when I did that, only the top card got loaded.

Basically, I cant controll wich GPU gets selected to do the 3D processing, and assigning them didnt help.