TSA Doesn't Want to See Your Little MacBook Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't these guys know???? The things they are letting go thru have edges as sharp as knives????
Funny, you can't carry a scissors into a plane but you can carry a MacAir...
Yeah , we know, Laptops are bigger and can easily be used to conceal a weapon in but what if the shape itself is and can be used as a weapon??? we've heard a dozed people getting cut by the MacAir.... don't the security guys have any gray matter what so ever?

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
[citation][nom]alyoshka[/nom]Don't these guys know???? The things they are letting go thru have edges as sharp as knives????Funny, you can't carry a scissors into a plane but you can carry a MacAir...Yeah , we know, Laptops are bigger and can easily be used to conceal a weapon in but what if the shape itself is and can be used as a weapon??? we've heard a dozed people getting cut by the MacAir.... don't the security guys have any gray matter what so ever?[/citation]
Yes, I can imagine it now... An iBoomerang... :lol:

:lol: on the typo too. Good thing you revised it. ;)

That may be official policy, but I have had to pull my netbook out of my carryon bag each time I have flown.

I will be flying again in a couple of days. I'll see what happens.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
I would make a point to pull it out anyways and make a hassle out of it to annoying the annoying people doing the annoying screening.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Given how dangerous lithium batteries can be, and yet I can't bring my razors or toothpaste on a local flight in Canada...
So, how long will it take to drive instead?

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
so why are we making such a big deal about this? just take the damn thing out and scan it...no one is going to tell you to put it back in

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]so why are we making such a big deal about this? just take the damn thing out and scan it...no one is going to tell you to put it back in[/citation]
Thats what she said.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
doesn't have CPU? wow. I told my friends people working at TSA are nothing but some rent-a-cop who can't even finish high school. I guess I was right. hah !

d0gr0ck

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
I'm fairly certain it's been stated elsewhere that the TSA general rules are that any sufficiently thin electronic devices measuring under 12" are exempt from checks. It's not that Apple has any exemption it's just that some of it's devices fall into the no-check category.

However, there is no guarantee that your local TSA agent actually knows the rules...

wawa sxm

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
so are they gonna check every netbook to see wether it should be scanned or not? or argue with people wether it should be scanned or not? or just simply say if its apple and small go ahead?

Status
Not open for further replies.