Tt eSports Level 10 M Mouse Review: A BMW For Your Hands

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dennisburke

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
The build quality looks very good, but it would be interesting to know how the switches are rated...5 million, 10 million clicks? If this mouse is built to last then $100 is a reasonable price. Putting a couple of buttons on the right side is a good idea. I recently picked up Corsair's MMO M90 for under $50 and the build quality is also excellent.

aicom

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
[citation][nom]kevith[/nom]Reviewing the cardboard-box DOES NOT belong on a site for grown-ups!![/citation]
It certainly does when bad packaging could result in nicking your $100 mouse before even getting it out of the box.

DrinkTray

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Looks too busy and an ergonomic handful (pardon the pun). I'm still rocking my Logitech MX 518. I'm happy for now.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
"Thermaltake doesn't include any kind of two-axis functionality, which we see as a strength. Such designs can be problematic without adding much useful functionality."

Disagree. I can program the left/right tilt of the scrollwheel on my Logitech mouse. This gives me 2 programmable "buttons" in an extremely convenient location.

Another important feature that any top of the line mouse should have is the ability to toggle between the "click-click" scrollwheel feedback and the "free wheeling" fast spin. In some situations you want precise control and in other situations you want to just spin the wheel and let it fly though several pages of text.

Looks like a nice mouse, though.

jesh4622

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
With BMWs name on it, I would expect some better colors. Why is there no British Racing Green or Estoril Blue?
The aesthetics are not what I would expect from them and I feel could be better.

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
[citation][nom]phyco126[/nom]My fiancee is disabled and only has the use of her right hand. She has lived a relatively normal life, but she admitted that she feels left out of everything life has to offer, including video games. So the question is: would this mouse be good for someone who only can use one hand, in which they can program the buttons to do everything they need?[/citation]
Hey Phyco,

I'd say more-so you might want to look at one of the MMO mouses like the Razer Naga (can't remember if it was this one), or that new Logitech mouse that has a bunch of programmable buttons. I think each has I think over 18+. Might be a good option for you to have multiple functions just all by your thumb.

Hope that helps, and let her know you can mostly everything with just your mouse. For instance, just sign on team-speak or vent if you're in a guild on say an MMO and some people are pretty damn good players with just the mouse itself. She'd be all set =).

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Still think the best mouse is the one that fits your hand properly. I spent a few days driving to various stores to find a mouse that worked for me, I wound up spending 3x more than I wanted on a logitech g9. Best money I spent because now I don't tighten up my wrist while using a mouse for precision work or while playing FPS games. Though there are 2 side buttons on it and I can only use 1 due to my particular hand position.

So my advice if you are reading this and looking for a gaming mouse, go to your local stores and find one that fits your hand perfectly. You don't know what your missing it's night and day when you find something that just fits your hand instead of looking at a bunch of tech specs, leave that for your computer build.

G

I can't believe there are morons who will buy this thinking it'll make them pros like Fagtality

phyco126

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
[citation][nom]Warsaw[/nom]Hey Phyco,I'd say more-so you might want to look at one of the MMO mouses like the Razer Naga (can't remember if it was this one), or that new Logitech mouse that has a bunch of programmable buttons. I think each has I think over 18+. Might be a good option for you to have multiple functions just all by your thumb.Hope that helps, and let her know you can mostly everything with just your mouse. For instance, just sign on team-speak or vent if you're in a guild on say an MMO and some people are pretty damn good players with just the mouse itself. She'd be all set =).[/citation]

Thank you!

designasaurus

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
[citation][nom]FormatC[/nom]It was measured the same place (on both mices) where the palm rested really. Take a look at the first and second photo (sweat traces). The second mouse was touched in the same way (I hate the complete palm-grip)[/citation]
Thank you for clarifying, FormatC. I could not tell from the photo, myself, as you clipped just enough of the mysterious competitor's mouse out of the frame!

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
This is a good mouse with lots of innovative features.

However, I still prefer my Kone[+], especially after fixing the wretched scroll-wheel issue by using a few drops of WD-40. Also, the Kone[+] has more buttons thanks to Easy Shift [+].I know a lot of people might hate me for this but it's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.