Turkey's Latest Social Media Block And How To Bypass It

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Well well well, our good ol` politicians banning stuff again.

AMAZING!

TNT27

Distinguished
If people actually paid attention to what is happening, and ignore the mainstream media bias and bull, they would also see their own administrative government trying to pass similar things.

And in a democracy (with a republic system here in USA), the citizens hold the power to change, and prevent this, if only they knew it were happening.

If people actually paid attention to what is happening, and ignore the mainstream media bias and bull, they would also see their own administrative government trying to pass similar things.

And in a democracy (with a republic system here in USA), the citizens hold the power to change, and prevent this, if only they knew it were happening.

Hah! You really think the people in the USA have any say anymore? You sir, are sadly mistaken. We are in a police state just like everyone else and they are slowly boiling us into line.

If you don't like it you can always click elsewhere. :)

TNT27

Distinguished

Simply because most do not even hear, or suspect it. They just go on with their lives buying coffee every morning, hearing news of how bad democrats are, or how bad republicans are. And when facts actually come to them, the bias is strong within, and they continue to vote for idiots.

Obama is no idiot, he is strategically tearing this country's constitution apart.

op8

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
@Arabian Knight
How is this anything like Fox News?
Covering something like this is in their purview, its not unusual.

Engerek01

Reputable
Mar 16, 2015
I am from Turkey and I couldnt be more ashamed of my goverment. They are using things like that as an excuse to ban internet just before elections. They do it all the time. The dictatorship is worse than ever before.

As for bypassing this, Chrome's ZenMate is the easiest and quickest solution. You can also use a VPN service just as mentioned in a few days ago's article.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
This entire thing is bizarre the unfortunate terrorist event was actually from a left-wing group. While Turkey which was a beacon of secularism in the region is now having a hard right wing lean in recent times. It's so strange to think a terrorist organization could have ideals close to mine yet they are so wrong at the same time. All they achieved is adding ammunition for the government to use and sway public opinions. Violence is never the answer.

JohnUSA

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
The whole world knows how evil Turkey is.
Till today Turkey still denies the atrocities and the genocide that they committed against the poor Armenians in the early 20th century. They butchered and murdered one and a half million Armenians.
Turkey is one of the most evil countries in the world.

ilter

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015
The whole world knows how evil Turkey is.
Till today Turkey still denies the atrocities and the genocide that they committed against the poor Armenians in the early 20th century. They butchered and murdered one and a half million Armenians.
Turkey is one of the most evil countries in the world.

This is not true about Armenians genocide. Please check your history about Turkey then know what is true about Armenians. Dont attention about what heard wrong knowledge . The whole world knows how trust and lovely Turkey is. You are clueless about Turkish history . All world known Turkish people polite and hospitable in any area of life. But that is truth Turkish goverment is the worst ever because of Erdogan's AKP politics.

garrick

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2007
The government censorship has nothing to do with the offensive images, Erdogan the Turkish president is trying once again to block social media to quell any negative opinions of him.

He is becoming the next Vladimir Putin!

washmc

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2014
The genocide? Yes the genocide that Armenians comitted to poor Turkish people. And by the way this is not our job. This is historians job. Why all the JOHNs are thinking same? I have the answer. They are using anothers brains to make comments. Like jews brains ha?

Racist comments please delete them.

TNT27

Distinguished

Next obama.

d3mb4t4

Reputable
Apr 7, 2015
The genocide? Yes the genocide that Armenians comitted to poor Turkish people. And by the way this is not our job. This is historians job. Why all the JOHNs are thinking same? I have the answer. They are using anothers brains to make comments. Like jews brains ha?
Alright big guy, you say that you're so good. What about 5 centuries of slavery, raping, murdering, butchering, stealing and ripping apart Bulgaria and half of the Balkans? Is that the jew brains? Because in fact I know it is a the f***** truth. Good thing that the Russians came over and pushed you back.

Sorry guys but I'm closing this thread now because it's degenerated into an argument which breaks several rules of Tom's.

Please don't start another thread raising political issues over historic events

Status
Not open for further replies.