Turn Your Furniture Into A Wireless Smartphone Charger With Zens' Qi Add-On

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol so in other words you have to destroy your furniture. it would be better to buy a peace of furniture with the feature already built in and doesn't stick out like this black circle you have to cut into your good furnature

DRJackson

Reputable
Oct 28, 2015
captaincharisma--if I already have an end table that I like, why would I want to buy another end table just to get wireless charging???
Your "better" way would give me an old end table that I don't need... and a new table that (other than the charger) might not be the table I want.

In case you missed it, the point of this kit is that you will have a fitted, flush-mounted charging spot on a piece of furniture you already own. In my book that's 100x better than having to buy some random furniture just to get charging. What if I wanted to add wireless charging to my bookshelf and the only furniture that's sold with chargers are tables? What if I want to put one in my kitchen counter?

Obviously this is more involved than mounting a regular wireless charger with glue or screws or something, but they're not saying that it's the solution for everyone. If it were priced a little more reasonably, I'd be very interested in adding charger spots for a few pieces of furniture.

Chris0698

Reputable
Nov 2, 2015
It is not new. Il saw wireless charging facilities in my hotel this summer. It was called intelobjet.
Actually it s quite cool they put it in bedrooms and lobby. They were even giving some key receivers.

Chris0698

Reputable
Nov 2, 2015
It is not new. There is a company doing this. It was in my hotel this summer. I think it s called intelobjet and it works good.

Status
Not open for further replies.