Turned off computer while updating

caydos2

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
Couple weeks ago I accidentally unplugged my computer running windows 8 while it was updating.
Now whenever I turn it on it says "scanning and repairing drive (C:):"
Every single time it gets to 46% then it restarts and goes back to the logo only to get back to the scanning and repairing screen afterwards.
I'm don't know what to do and I know very little about computer.

The computer is an Alienware X52 but I'm not quite sure about anything else about it

Solution
Did the pc come with or did you make any recovery media when you got it? You need to reinstall Windows which for a prebuilt like this means resetting back to factory settings. This will most likely wipe all data so if you need to recover your data you will need to hook up your HDD to another pc and copy your data first.

If you don't have recovery media then contact Dell but be prepared to be charged for a copy.
Did the pc come with or did you make any recovery media when you got it? You need to reinstall Windows which for a prebuilt like this means resetting back to factory settings. This will most likely wipe all data so if you need to recover your data you will need to hook up your HDD to another pc and copy your data first.

If you don't have recovery media then contact Dell but be prepared to be charged for a copy.

Solution