Turtle Beach Promises Premium, Wireless Audio For Xbox One With Elite 800X Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015
Console Wireless Headphones = $300
PC Wireless Headphones = $99

TLDR: console gamers pay more to play games than pc

Actually, the exact same headset has already existed for a while for PC, and is the exact same price.
If you want a headset with these types of features you need to pay on either platform.

iPanda

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015
So with Microsoft pushing for windows 10 on xbox one, why not make these PC compatible as well? Or perhaps Turtle Beach is waiting for that to pop up then refresh headsets?

spin156

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
So, when I got my Turtle Beach 500x it was touted as the "first totally wireless" gaming headset for Xbox One. How many times do they figure they can use that marketing tag??? It is a very nice headset, but this piece is puzzling.

thatdrh

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015
I had the 800x for about 3 hours before I took them back. Until they allow to customize the equalization with the "Advanced Sound Editor" these sound just like the muddy astros. I used a map in call of duty with rain falling down on the buildings. No matter what preset I used, all of that was dampened. I had my XP 7's still connected as well. I put those on, everything was crispy as it should be. The only setting that wasn't over powering in low-end frequencies was the "STEREO" mode Setting, with "BASS AND TREBLE" preset selected. Unfortunately they dont have a "TREBLE" only preset. Now as far as my credibility with hearing various frequencies go. I can clearly hear the super high pitched whine from the wireless. Also, you can hear the harddrive scanning as you go back and forth through the menu pages in the xbox menu. TRY IT!

Bottom line. Unless the advanced sound editor comes back with the ability to tailor the sound, I wont buy another set of beaches.. I will be using Sennheisers with the Turtle Beach XP 7 Controller. when the sound controller breaks, I'll buy them from used ebay...

Status
Not open for further replies.