Question TV Recommenndations (Basic Non-Smart TV's) ?

c5d

Prominent
Aug 5, 2022
Okay so I bought the JVC 47" with PIP and OTA Tuner (Model JLC47BC3000) and loved it, it lasted me from mid-2000's till about 10 or 12 years later when I thunderstorm struck near us and blew the board.

I don't have the JVC anymore and it's impossible to find it or I'd buy it again.

I then bought as a replacement a HiSense 55" Android TV, NEVER Again and a replacement to that I'd bought a 32" Samsung M7 Smart Monitor.

Yet I really want to go back to and find just a basic HiDef Tv with no smart app's, cause from what I've found those damn things cause the lifespan of the tv to e shortended or become super laggy, so if I wanted to do that I could always buy a smart stick and plug it in.

For example with the HiSense after about a year and a half's use, the audio would get out of sync with a 5 second delay and sometimes it was impossible to reset the things, I've had better luck using a HDMI Smart Monitor as a TV as opposed to using something like the full fledged HiSense 55" Android 4.4.4 product.

c5d

Prominent
Aug 5, 2022
That's just it, I don't want to be forced to opt in for a smart tv. If I want those features I'll buy the component myself to make it so.

Forget a phase out!