TV vs Monitor...

Atreyix

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
Hello all,

My plan is to move the ps4 onto my desk with my PC and whatnot, I currently have a PG279Q for my main display. Unfortunately the ps4 does not render in 1440p, so its drops down to the 1080p texture models which looks pretty blurry and complete trash imo. So what I would like to do is purchase a 2nd monitor to play the ps4 on, this 2nd monitor would be 4k and also be used to for work space for when I'm on the pc. Now before I go all into getting a monitor, how much better would a monitor be compared to my living room TV, which is a Samsung 55 in MU8000?

Monitor I'm looking at is the 27UK600-W.. how would the ips panel be compared to the mu8000 tv?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Solution
the monitor will look better in pixel density, the tv will be more color accurate. it really depends on what you want. I would go with the tv because it will still look super nice and you can use it as an actual tv. the monitor would be the better choice if you know how to calibrate it, but it is an ips panel so you never will get the accuracy the tv has.

skywalkerqq

Honorable
Nov 5, 2017
the monitor will look better in pixel density, the tv will be more color accurate. it really depends on what you want. I would go with the tv because it will still look super nice and you can use it as an actual tv. the monitor would be the better choice if you know how to calibrate it, but it is an ips panel so you never will get the accuracy the tv has.

Solution