[SOLVED] Two questions about the P500A D-RGB

DeanTH23

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
  1. Does it include an A-RGB Controller and/or a Fan Controller?
  2. Does it include Fan and/or A-RGB Splitter/Extension Cables?
I was unable to find answers for these questions in the product's manual or the reviews i watched, which was very surprising tbh.

Thanks.

Solution
I got my hands on this case.

ARGB connections is pretty simple with two possible solutions.Either you connect the included controller through SATA and control the lighting from the case or you can go with a ARGB 3 to 1 splitter cable and connect the fans to the motherboard.

For PWM power, you'll almost definitely going to need at least one extension 4pin cable and depending on the motherboard, probably a splitter cable or just a fan hub.

Phanteks didn't use proprietary weird cables.Everything was standard.

Posting this in case someone comes here with the same questions i had...Maybe it can help them, since the manual is laughable for a 150€ case.
I had a 70€ case from CoolerMaster with better manual than this.
you can see an LED controller button on the front I\O.

and from Phanteks product description,
"Integrated Digital-RGB controller that can sync with compatible motherboards and Phanteks DRGB products to create stunning lighting effects and comes with 3x DRGB Phanteks fans".

to determine if the integrated controller uses 3pin aRGB or 4pin RGB
you may need to contact Phanteks support or post the question on a Phanteks retailer site's product page like Newegg or Amazon.

dRGB usually indicates aRGB, but not a standard term.
they may use proprietary Phanteks cables\connectors.

Reactions: DeanTH23

DeanTH23

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
I got my hands on this case.

ARGB connections is pretty simple with two possible solutions.Either you connect the included controller through SATA and control the lighting from the case or you can go with a ARGB 3 to 1 splitter cable and connect the fans to the motherboard.

For PWM power, you'll almost definitely going to need at least one extension 4pin cable and depending on the motherboard, probably a splitter cable or just a fan hub.

Phanteks didn't use proprietary weird cables.Everything was standard.

Posting this in case someone comes here with the same questions i had...Maybe it can help them, since the manual is laughable for a 150€ case.
I had a 70€ case from CoolerMaster with better manual than this.

Solution