[SOLVED] two switches connected to a router about communicating the devices

Jul 9, 2019
Hi everyone I'm facing a small problem here So first I'm not expert at networking but my friend asked for my help ..
he has a topology of internet > router( micro-tic )> two switches and 5 devices connected to each switch .
hes problem is although the 2 switches are connected to the same router but he cant even ping from device in switch a to device connected to the main router
any suggestion for that or I should just get one big switch ?

Solution
Those routers are fairly complicated to configure from what I've read. I bet that the 2 ports on the router are not set up to talk to each other and that's why there's a problem. An easy workaround is just plug the second switch into the first and that one can connect to the router.
Those routers are fairly complicated to configure from what I've read. I bet that the 2 ports on the router are not set up to talk to each other and that's why there's a problem. An easy workaround is just plug the second switch into the first and that one can connect to the router.

Reactions: LibyaGhoul
Solution
Jul 9, 2019
Hi everyone I'm facing a small problem here So first I'm not expert at networking but my friend asked for my help ..
he has a topology of internet > router( micro-tic )> two switches and 5 devices connected to each switch .
hes problem is although the 2 switches are connected to the same router but he cant even ping from device in switch a to device connected to the main router
any suggestion for that or I should just get one big switch ?
Yeah, I would factory reset the mikrotik (I had one and it can be complicated) and start over with the config.

Thank you both .. I've tried many different ways but still having the same problem .. Decided to take one switch and connecting all of the devices to it .

Reactions: SamirD