U.S. Gov't Staying Out of Google and China Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
I wonder what's the dollar amount for all the good will that Google will generate in the US and Europe by turning it’s lost in China to a stand on "moral" value.

AdamB5000

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
I'm... kinda shocked that the U.S. Gov't isn't looking to somehow tax this situation, and maybe even create a new law to "protect us."

G

"we can't find a way this would involve the testing of our military... so... who cares. I mean we would totally get on this if it involved spending our tax payers money."

G

it seems US capitalism really doesnt care about chinese lack of freedom, as they gets the cheapest labor in the world.

US could lose more if they get into the Google-China issue

nicodemus_mm

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
GM and AIG, among others, were "business matters" and it never even crossed this administration's mind that maybe they should butt out. I guess in that case they stood to gain too much power to just leave it alone.

nicodemus_mm

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
GM and AIG, among others, were "business matters" and it never even crossed this administration's mind that maybe they should butt out. I guess in that case they stood to gain too much power to just leave it alone.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
The US government is staying out of it because China is bank rolling America's debt and will be for decades to come. US decision making will always be compromised by the financial hold that China has on the US's finances. Plus all this foreign investment buying up real estate, corporations, land, etc... it's like selling the US to foreigners on piece at a time.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
it would be great if we started chargin china for infrigments... the cost of pirated software even if its 10 bucks a copy, then 5 bucks per hack... 30 bucks per copyright and trademark infringement... probably having them pay us in a span of 2 years :D

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
fellows, it's all about money. In GM and AIG cases, it's about the money the various senators and congressmen could have lost in funding from the same corporations were they to uphold the same principle (non-interference). In China's case, the money is being held by the Chinese, so go figure.
[citation][nom]climber[/nom]The US government is staying out of it because China is bank rolling America's debt and will be for decades to come. US decision making will always be compromised by the financial hold that China has on the US's finances. Plus all this foreign investment buying up real estate, corporations, land, etc... it's like selling the US to foreigners on piece at a time.[/citation]
Not quite; selling property does not mean selling the country. The geographical placement of the property is a unique feature and one can not take a piece of US land and move it to China if one decides that they want to withdraw their business at some point. If all the Chinese decide to buy California, that doesn't mean that California becomes Chinese territory. It's not as easy as that.
As far as the decision making... you're right.

[citation][nom]trevorvdw[/nom]The US Govt. has about 800 billion reasons to not interfere with China...[/citation]

Our economy belongs to China, Our debt belongs to China, Our resources belong to China, and everything made belongs to China. China owns the United States. I said OWNS.

All china has to do is squeeze and the United States crumbles.

G

When will our government stand up against these repeated cyber attacks against our companies. In America someone can download a couple songs on the internet get fined a million dollars and 20 years in prison, but the Chinese hack 30 fortune 500 companies and steal intellectual property and nothing happens. This stuff is happening everyday and they never say anything. What is wrong with these people. I think Americans everywhere need to contact their government officials and tell them to get something done or get out of office. I am sorry but I didn't vote for someone to allow our county to be attacked and stolen from. Furthermore if the government continues to ignore our plea it is our each individual responsibility to do something and that is Boycott Made in China. It is better to do without than continuing to send them profits to support what they do. Boycott Made In China!

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]xxsk8er101xx[/nom]Our economy belongs to China, Our debt belongs to China, Our resources belong to China, and everything made belongs to China. China owns the United States. I said OWNS. All china has to do is squeeze and the United States crumbles.[/citation]

two words for you: BS.

customisbetter

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom]two words for you: BS.[/citation]

I have to disagree with you. The US's main resources right now are Technology DESIGN and People. China is a large consumer of the latter and is picking up on the former.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]customisbetter[/nom]I have to disagree with you. The US's main resources right now are Technology DESIGN and People. China is a large consumer of the latter and is picking up on the former.[/citation]

back up your facts with sources then. I did a quick google search and found out very quickly based off a US federal web site listing out all the major countries that we borrow money from that China has 6% of the USA total debt. I hardly see how that amounts to them owning us. How about showing me that I am wrong.

randomizer

Champion
The US government doesn't care about freedom of speech at all, that's just something people think they have in the US. There's no such thing as freedom of speech. There is only what you can say, and what you can't say.

Status
Not open for further replies.