News U.S. Retailer Lists Rocket Lake CPUs, Core i9-11900K For $599

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
not an actual attack for the win - generation.
And why do you think that intel needs a gen like that?! After the last 4 years it's pretty obvious that intel is making so much more money from old tech, you think they will release a more expensive to produce CPU that won't make them any more money just because people are making fun of them on the internet?!

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
And why do you think that intel needs a gen like that?! After the last 4 years it's pretty obvious that intel is making so much more money from old tech, you think they will release a more expensive to produce CPU that won't make them any more money just because people are making fun of them on the internet?!
I guess you did not see the quote from Pat when he came on board this year, did you? Google it...

Conahl

Commendable
Apr 24, 2020
you are basing your opinion on cherry picked results as much as anybody.
no, im basing it on what every review says in its text, NOT via a cherry picked graph, like you do.

After the last 4 years it's pretty obvious that intel is making so much more money from old tech
i just realized why you tout intels earnings all the time, you MUST be a shareholder !!!!

Reactions: VforV
no, im basing it on what every review says in its text, NOT via a cherry picked graph, like you do.
Show us one of those that does measure power draw with more than just one thing. All of the reviews that you claim that you have looked at only have a single graph (or number) themselves, that's just a cherry picked as anything.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
Alderlake was rumored for a fall launch around Sept and last I heard that was pushed back to Dec now.
Intel has never indicated Alder Lake would be released in the fall. Maybe an unveiling, but who cares about that? Intel "unveiled" Rocket Lake in the fall last year (October) and we're still basically a month away from it going on sale at the end of March. The lack of any concrete leaks indicates Alder Lake is not coming in a few months. This will be Intel's biggest release in years. The biggest new thing being the bigLittle design which will require reworking of the Window's schedule, also DDR5 and PCIE 5. With so many new working parts, if it was around the corner we would be seeing more leaks. Where are the engineering samples? Where are the early leaked benchmarks? We're not going to see these for sale this year. We might get Intel releasing some marketing statement that they are shipping them for revenue without anyone actually being able to buy them and that's about it.

D

Deleted member 14196

I’m really glad I bought my little PC before the prices went absolutely haywire. And it was from this forum that I found the right PC for me

Reactions: Why_Me and Phaaze88

Conahl

Commendable
Apr 24, 2020
Terrylaze, i would post links to the reviews that in the end say intel over all uses more power then amd, but whats the point ? you will just come up with some BS, and discount it as you always do when some one, or a review, puts intel in a bad light, or talks bad about intel in some way.

Terrylaze, i would post links to the reviews that in the end say intel over all uses more power then amd, but whats the point ? you will just come up with some BS, and discount it as you always do when some one, or a review, puts intel in a bad light, or talks bad about intel in some way.
More power is different from twice the power, I never said that intel uses the same amount of power or less or whatever, but they don't use twice the power.

Conahl

Commendable
Apr 24, 2020
More power is different from twice the power, I never said that intel uses the same amount of power or less or whatever, but they don't use twice the power.

funny thing is, intel, currently does both, depending on what is being run. but you dont see that as it makes your beloved intel look bad.