Question Ubiquiti - can't get into monitoring software ?

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Went down a deep rabbit hole tonight. Wondering if anyone can help me out. Short version for starters is that I was having trouble with connectivity of one of my three APs. Help I got in the ubiquiti forums was that I had mesh enabled and that my three AP's that are all hardwired to ethernet and the router and I needed to disable the mesh option. When I did that, I lost all three APs. One went offline. One said it couldn't be adopted, and one disappeared all together.

I have gone through the processes I can find to get them back up and running (I can provide more details as needed) but my main sticking point right now is that I have the unifi network software installed again and it appears to be running, but I can't find a way back into the monitoring where I could see the devices and try to adopt them etc. When I have the unifi network software running now, it opens up a tab in my browser instead and it isn't what I was able to use before. Any idea where I am messing up this time or why I can't get to the monitoring software any longer?

Thanks. :)

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
After hours of dead ending, I uninstalled the most up to date software and installed the previous version instead, and it appears to have popped up right away. (8.1.127)

Mod Edit:

Now I am in the software, but it isn't detecting any of the AP's. Any idea how to get the software to detect the AP's?