Ubisoft Adds Free Content Updates For 'The Division'

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I remember when Halo 2 would get a map pack. If you didnt buy it, you could still play matchmaking. Once they required the maps be used in matchmaking, they simply gave them to you for free.

Demad_Hatter

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016
What happened to gaming?
The game hasnt even launched and free (and paid) DLC is already slated. The game will only be out for a month before new content is added, then more the next. Why not just put this in the actual launch title?
I dont mind spending money on content, but not this early on. Games like Starcraft and Diablo did this well. SC2 has 3 expansions (note: not DLC) that actually added valuable aspects to the game. Same for Diablo 3. Its only expansion more than doubled the amount of game play (plus countless patches that add content larger than these DLC).

Say what you might, but I for one am dissapointed.

Seriously, a full game is beaten and then over - DLC and Expansions add life into a dying or existing game just to keep players reason to keep playing it over and over again. So you rather play a persistent game that has nothing added to it?

They announce future plans so you know that they are STILL going to be feeding this game new life and to keep you wanting to play it more.

"I dont mind spending money on content, but not this early on."
I dont dislike the idea of DLC (I prefer full on expansions to DLC), but doing it within a month of a game coming out is just a ploy to make it seem like they care about adding content.

This is gaming business. To many people are o.k. with spending vast amounts of money on games that if they actually had a little patience they could get for half price or less and ruin the scheme altogether.

Don't forget the lack of time and patience to actually sit down and play it. Gamers get like a week with each new game before the next big title comes out and they abandon it.

Status
Not open for further replies.