Ubisoft Lands Tom Hardy for Splinter Cell Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerace

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
I only admire him because he potrayed Bane in the latest Batman movies. My favourite quote, "Then you have my permission to die." Awesome!

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]thefiend1[/nom]seems like a good fit.[/citation]

Really? a non-American actor playing a tough guy American secret agent? Might as well get a Southerner to play as the next James Bond.....

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]samuelspark[/nom]Please let it be a good movie.[/citation]My trust on Ubisoft is better than Hollywood crap these days.

If u really want to know Ubisoft quality, take a look on all their short Assassins creed film.

[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Really? a non-American actor playing a tough guy American secret agent? Might as well get a Southerner to play as the next James Bond.....[/citation]

As opposed to All the Americans that have played Robin Hood?

To quote Eddie Izzard "There's been so many american Robin Hoods that no one would believe a british one... "That's not Robin Hood's voice....doesn't have that Nottingham twang.""

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]quilciri[/nom]As opposed to All the Americans that have played Robin Hood? To quote Eddie Izzard "There's been so many american Robin Hoods that no one would believe a british one... "That's not Robin Hood's voice....doesn't have that Nottingham twang.""[/citation]

So a non-sequitor is your response? lol, pathetic.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
This would be intresting. If game developers start pumping out there own movies, Hollywood will have a lot to worry about.

Then again they only have themselves to blame.If theres a track reord of messing up theres a big incentive to finding alternative routes. I hope this starts a new trend cuz I still want to see a Halo movie...

Teeroy32

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
not all video game movies are crap, resident evil was cool, so was mortal kombat, sure super mario bros sucked a bit and street fighter was corny but they where still worth watching, also double dragon wasn't bad in the day

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Really? a non-American actor playing a tough guy American secret agent? Might as well get a Southerner to play as the next James Bond.....[/citation]

they do got for Americans with james bond, but they usualy if not always refuse due to they probably wouldn't fit the roll.

sam fisher... not as much of a history, and what little there is is tainted by the more recent games. i wouldnt say he has to be american, but at the same time, what the hell is american? we are a melting pot of different cultures accents and races, so what if the guy playing him isnt from america.

[citation][nom]Khimera2000[/nom]This would be intresting. If game developers start pumping out there own movies, Hollywood will have a lot to worry about. Then again they only have themselves to blame.If theres a track reord of messing up theres a big incentive to finding alternative routes. I hope this starts a new trend cuz I still want to see a Halo movie...[/citation]

i hope not, i would hate for game companies to devote more time to movies than to games, and the games become the new tie ins, because lets face it, games don't have as big an audience or a profit margin as a blockbuster movie.

[citation][nom]Teeroy32[/nom]not all video game movies are crap, resident evil was cool, so was mortal kombat, sure super mario bros sucked a bit and street fighter was corny but they where still worth watching, also double dragon wasn't bad in the day[/citation]

resident evil is crap if you watch them for a game tie in, but passable if you watch them as a stupid action movie where the lead is banging the director. hell the main character isnt even in the games...

mortal kombat i believe the first one was better than it had any right to be, the rest sucked

street fighter, and double dragon are only good if you are looking for a bad action movie, and neither were good back in the day unless you want to compare them to films with even less talent.

mario brothers... havent seen that sense i was a kid, but i knew it was bad, but may be worth watching as a train wreak kind of way.

Teeroy32

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
I like bad action films, I grew up on a staple diet of Sylvester, Chuck, Arnie, Brosnan and Van Dam lol. Mario wasutter crap, but worth a watch for nostalgia reasons. But all of this is subjective to a persons taste, if we all liked the same thing the world would be boring, and we'd have nothing to discuss online

nameon

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
[citation][nom]Khimera2000[/nom]This would be intresting. If game developers start pumping out there own movies, Hollywood will have a lot to worry about. Then again they only have themselves to blame.If theres a track reord of messing up theres a big incentive to finding alternative routes. I hope this starts a new trend cuz I still want to see a Halo movie...[/citation]
there practically already is one... add that to the awesome live action commercials,.... still thought the universe of halo is better for a high budget tv series, like each season having a diff sub-story in the covanent war, coz there is just to many diff stories to tell in halo

G

K-zon

Good Luck and what is of to say additionally and/or more of on about to say with for on for said to least..

nameon

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
[citation][nom]KKzzzz-ZZzooNnn[/nom]K-zonGood Luck and what is of to say additionally and/or more of on about to say with for on for said to least..[/citation]
Da FuQ???

PTNLemay

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
I looked up Boll on Wikipedia...

How in hell is it possible for someone to loose that many millions in cinema financing and still be allowed to make movies? I mean we're talking about a total balance that's in the negative tens of millions...

GNCD

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
[citation][nom]Teeroy32[/nom]I like bad action films, I grew up on a staple diet of Sylvester, Chuck, Arnie, Brosnan and Van Dam lol. Mario wasutter crap, but worth a watch for nostalgia reasons. But all of this is subjective to a persons taste, if we all liked the same thing the world would be boring, and we'd have nothing to discuss online[/citation]

that's mario van peeble. that werewolf movies of his is awesome. long live b-movies!

Status
Not open for further replies.