Ubisoft Recommends Intel Core i7-3770, Nvidia GTX 780 For Assassin's Creed Unity

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

H3nry

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014
Wow that game is really badly optimized for pc , i can't see a game having the gtx 780 in it's requirements before 2016

bmdc

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011

I would. I had no problems with Shadow Of Mordor at 1440p with ultra textures. Stuck to 60 fps 90% of the time. These requirements are always retarded. I feel like they just put them out there so people go buy new hardware, like perhaps they're paid by GPU manufacturers or something, idk. I have no problem running any game with my rig at 1440p. Hell, the 290 is on water anyways, so its not like I cant overclock if needed.

bmdc

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011

Does this game even have PhysX?

I really hope they dont cap it at 30 FPS on PC too.....this "Cinematic" bullshit has GOT to stop. There is nothing cinematic about 30 or 24 FPS in video games. I dont know why they keep trying to feed us this bullshit, and i'm actually quite insulted. I'll be pirating this title. Not giving Ubisoft another fucking dime.

bmdc

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011

Both me thinks. At least, from Ubisoft and a few other devs anyways. These companies take us for complete fools and its really insulting.

Rexer

Distinguished
I gotta be a little pessimist about this. I just bought a GTX 970sc. For years, I felt like game and video card mfg's are testing our resolve. If techies are willing to spend the extra bucks for a slightly more expensive system and game. Course the technologies are bled out to us a pinch at a time (which sort of suck out the bottom of the wallet). 2 years ago, my HD7950 3gb was a king in video cards, now sits in a corner. The mfg could've made a more powerful one (maybe with 6gb at the time). But one gb is given at a time, so they can get their monies worth. Trade Commissions declare it circulates the dollar and Federal Reserves said it's part of a healthy, robust economy. So says a Govt. that miss manages federal funds. Too bad it's the best Govt. in the world.

marcski07

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014

thanks, what's the benefit of ultra settings btw to high setting? if i only have a Full HD monitor? sorry, I know little about graphics setting.

CAaronD

Honorable
Feb 27, 2014
Far Cry 4 has MUCH lower system requirements. So why must AC4 have such ridiculous system requirements?

*ancient aliens guy with caption that says "Ubisoft"*

Leadbelly78

Reputable
Aug 27, 2014

I guess it because the # of NPC you see in the game @ one time.
It might be another way that UbiSoft makes $.

Elterrible

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2014

Everyone complains that games are optimized for lower end on the PC and when a company finally decides to build a really high end game people still freak out.

An AMD R9-280x is pretty reasonable now and that gets you to the minimum Graphics. Most people are already running the 6300 or 6350 from AMD or a 3570K from Intel so, it should be very playable by the majority of gamers I would think.

Oh and lets wait to see what the game looks like on the PC first. BF4 looked way better on the PC than the PS4 or XBox One and it brought my GTX 660 to its knees in Ultra settings above 720P so, I had to upgrade the card anyway.

You have to remember though, the people on this forum all own high-end PCs whereas the majoruty of PC gamers do not build nor are their PCs as high end.

CAaronD

Honorable
Feb 27, 2014
^ how did you upvote your own reply lol. Well, the old Assassin's creed series were actually pretty great. Haven't played the latest ones so I can't say if they are bad or not. I haven't even played III to be honest. Only played until Brotherhood.

mf Red

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
I played the first one way back in 2007. Put a good 40+ hours on it and it was a fun distraction. I played the pirate ship one which I got for free and after about 2 hours I got bored because I've already played that game. Literally nothing has changed other than graphics, and maybe some mini game add-ons. Nothing new here. It's just like Madden or CoD same rehashed junk. To each their own I suppose but unless the gameplay is really interesting I can't play the same game over and over.

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
All because Ubisoft wanted independent AIs for each and every person in the game ... now that is good in one way but bad in another. The good beign that it will look more realitic and the bad being it will eat your computer for breakfast, lunch and dinner while still not being on max after a little .ini hack to get it to go up to 60hz ... or higher though i set the software limit on mine to 60hz as that is the limit of my monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.