Ubisoft Recommends Intel Core i7-3770, Nvidia GTX 780 For Assassin's Creed Unity

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leadbelly78

Reputable
Aug 27, 2014

Agreed.
I love graphics but it isn't the biggest issues when it comes to game playing .

SessouXFX

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
Check this out. Apparently, MS and Sony are behind all of this....

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ubisoft-engineer-says-microsoft-sony-pressuring-them-to-force-30fps-on-pc.html

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2iu0om/an_engineering_team_from_ubisoft_is_coming_to_my/

" "30fps vs 60fps" ? everyone

The Game Architect said that they aim for 60 fps but due to "limitations", they have to settle for 30 fps in recent games. He then implied that console makers are pressuring them into doing the same thing on PC."

#SonyandMSinthebushes

The entire industry should get behind Linux and tell Microsoft to get bent if this is true. As for Sony, they're already bent and hell bent on ruining PC's to save face. This is just one of many good reasons to leave consoles altogether.

Leadbelly78

Reputable
Aug 27, 2014

xD.
Like a mentioned before, I'm glad I don't play games those that require those huge system requirements.

BrandonYoung

Reputable
Oct 13, 2014
I'm going out on a limb here. I'm going to assume that lack of optimization is not the issue. I'm also going to give props to any game factory that helps push moderately current technology to its limits. However, it does seem like they cut corners by avoiding a low quality mode that could be played by low end gaming hardware. You know who you are. Complainers.

BrandonYoung

Reputable
Oct 13, 2014
I'm going out on a limb here. I'm going to assume that lack of optimization is not the issue. I'm also going to give props to any game factory that helps push moderately current technology to its limits. However, it does seem like they cut corners by avoiding a low quality mode that could be played by low end gaming hardware. You know who you are. Complainers.

Leadbelly78

Reputable
Aug 27, 2014

It might help if you OC the system but I'd add a different video card, maybe more RAM.
Good luck.

Apparently the GPU does not meet the system requirements. You should might as well upgrade to an i7-4790k and GTX 980 SLI since that game is expected to run like garbage on even high-end rigs.

SessouXFX

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
The whole thing is a sad, sick joke. And if UBIsoft doesn't wake up soon, they'll find themselves along side Acclaim and a host of others that fell on the wayside. Because alienating the gaming community with corny tactics and crappy optimizations to boot won't fly in the face of common sense forever.

Leadbelly78

Reputable
Aug 27, 2014

Agreed, It's a huge joke.
Ubisoft has lost so many fan's and if they don't get it fixed ( Which is very doubtful )They'll lose another one.

While my current rig can handle this game, I could upgrade to a full-tower case and install my older GTX 660 as a PhysX card, then maybe (yes, MAYBE), I could run the game at 60 fps maxed if some modders can hack the game to remove the 30 fps cap. But I guess I could be talking about a fantasy dream here.

Aug 6, 2013
The specs....

Its what I expected; and what I prepared for.

As for lower spec PCs, I still run an early single core Athlon64 for Word processing and 2006 Games.

Times move on...

Haswell 4770 with soupe-cooled GTX 780 is polished and ready to rock.

But there will come a day when my GTX 780 will only be able to handle PhysX..... But that is 10 years away.

A keen programmer can scale the rendering engine so it can run well on a broad range of hardware. Yes, there are practical limits between the min and max, but you can make a game that runs smoothly on low-end and mainstream rigs ( w/o all the minute details, ) while still rewarding those with better gear. It takes a little more time and effort, but it can and has been done before.

The key here is noticing how close the minimum specs are to the recommended set. You need at least the very best of last gen GPUs but are recommended to have the very best of the current crop. If those specs are accurate, that tells me this game scales poorly. So even if that extra hardware does give you better visuals ( which is hard to believe because that would mean Ubi spent time reworking the engine to take advantage of extra PC power over the console version, ) they've made it scale so horribly that only a fraction of the market will even be able to run it.

tmboyz

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
Strange requirements for a port. Maybe Ubisoft is correct; you need a high end pc to run a badly ported game.

tmboyz

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
Strange requirements for a port. Maybe Ubisoft is correct; you need a high end pc to run a badly ported game.

Status
Not open for further replies.