Ubisoft's DRM Currently Winning Against Pirates

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
The servers at Ubisoft have already been down during last weekend, preventing customers who bought the game from playing Assassin's creed 2 (singleplayer game!).

It is not only Ubisoft against Pirates.
It is also Ubisoft against Customers !!!

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]Yay, DRM that makes a game unplayable unless you are connected to the internet.[/citation]

Ye that just must be a hit for anyone with 3G (or similar) based internet paying per megabyte or people with less-than-stable wireless.

maydaynomore

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
This is for all the losers sitting in their mom's basements, buying their gaming rigs with welfare checks (AKA Pirates): Stop stealing! You blood sucking parasites have sucked the life out of PC gaming. Now you complain about DRM, all PC games are console ports.....blah blah blah. It's all your fault... idiots. Stop and think about it. Why don't you get out of that basement and get a job. Then it might not be so bad paying $60 for a game. Or even better, just wait a few months and you can pick it up for less than $20. No, you shouldn't have it just because you want it, numbnuts. The real world doesn't work like that.

dashxone

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
[citation][nom]maydaynomore[/nom]This is for all the losers sitting in their mom's basements, buying their gaming rigs with welfare checks (AKA Pirates): Stop stealing! You blood sucking parasites have sucked the life out of PC gaming. Now you complain about DRM, all PC games are console ports.....blah blah blah. It's all your fault... idiots. Stop and think about it. Why don't you get out of that basement and get a job. Then it might not be so bad paying $60 for a game. Or even better, just wait a few months and you can pick it up for less than $20. No, you shouldn't have it just because you want it, numbnuts. The real world doesn't work like that.[/citation]

Very god post,I suport u 100% !

G

Wasn't that in news today that Ubisoft's own Internet servers to play those legally bought games .... just went down? And even those who bought and legally uses their games now cannot play. What a pity...

yokos2271

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
I love the new DRM . The idea of getting a AI or mission scripts from online servers is great. I played pirated pc games for long time knowing that I'm killing the pc game industry . I hope that this protection will slow down pirates and increase the amount of pc games on market . I'm afraid the protection will be cracked by simulating the responses form the server, but at least the games wont be cracked before release date.
Cheers To game Developers and Publishers...

Status
Not open for further replies.