Question Ubuntu 24.04 LTS WiFi issue

Jul 2, 2024
I'm a Ubuntu lightweight but I've done several Ubuntu loads of various versions of Ubuntu and the prevailing theme seems to be onboard wireless adapters never seem to work right out of the gate. I always have to hunt for a fix to get onboard wireless adapters to work. I inserted a wireless usb device and it works properly but can't get onboard working. I have tried this on my latest "project" computer a MacBook pro mid 2010 which I think has a Broadcom wireless adapter. I get on websites for a fix but always seem to get led down a path of despair. I was able to get 18.04.6 MATE to work properly with using only 2 Terminal prompt commands. Maybe I should have called it good but I decided to tempt fate and now cannot get 24.04 LTS onboard wireless working. Wireless works just not my onboard adapter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You in advance. Tom Bell.

ryu750

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I had this problem a few years ago with a broadcom drivers. Sorry for the silly answer but it worked. I just kept installing drivers through terminal until one worked.

With that said I have never had success with lite versions of Linux distros. They tend not to work as well or you need extensive knowledge to get them to work perfectly. IMO

TRENDING THREADS