UBUNTU is NOT installing in my laptop?????

krishna_01

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
Iam using HCL 38 series laptop...In my laptop, UBUNTU/LINUX OS is not installing...Can any one tell me ways to install ubuntu OS in my laptop......what could be the problem? In my laptop NVIDIA graphics card...Did this affect installation process....? Is there exists any requirement of installing additional DRIVERS in order to make installation to work????

Firstly what is the actual issues you are having? Do you get any error messages that you can let us know?

I would suggest the following basic steps.

1. Boot the CD and choose the option to check media - this does an MD4 sum on the disc to check for any errors.

2. Boot as a liveCD. Does the desktop appear and can you click on the installer.

3. If you can do 1 & 2 above what happens when you try to run the installer? Do you get any error message? How far does the installation get??

You will need to install the Nvida drivers to get the most out of your graphics card, but the system should boot to a desktop without you having to install them.

krishna_01

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
Hai.............Thank U for ur reply........But problem is that, when i place DVD/CD of Ubuntu in my disk drive, then at first it shows pink colour background (ubuntu 11.04 version) and shows ubuntu is loading......and then automatically stopped (system will be hanged)..........It will continuously show pink colour background............It is not asking for installing further.............WHAT can i do now???

Ubuntu 9.04 only works in my laptop.......But updates of softwares for 9.04 version has been stopped.....But i need softwares like kile(latex software), Xfig, Gimp Editor to be installed in ubuntu.....It is not available for updates for ubuntu 9.04 version.....

so i tried with installing Ubuntu 10.04, Ubuntu 10.10, Ubuntu 11.04 and 11.10 versions......It is struking with pink background screen and not asking for INSTALLING FURTHER........please suggest me ways to install ubuntu in my laptop...............THANK U

Is there any way to get setup files of Xfig and Kile seperately for UBUNTU 9.04 version without going into "Ubuntu software center"...............If any one gets that setup file "web link", then post it here i will download and install them through TERMINAL.............THANK U............