Question UEFI + display not working

Jul 29, 2022
Please keep it to 1 thread.
Hello I wanted to play valorant and saw that I had to enable UEFI bios mode in the bios and when I did and clicked save my monitor isn't displaying anything but the pc is on, what do I do?

Jul 29, 2022
Hello I wanted to play valorant and saw that I had to enable UEFI bios mode in the bios and when I did and clicked save my monitor isn't displaying anything but the pc is on, what do I do? I have a B550-E motherboard

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Uefi / secure boot is required for valorant to run on Win11 due to tpm requirements. Shouldn't matter on Win10.

Assuming you installed Windows under legacy? Graphics protocol is using that instead of uefi to display. Pulling cmos battery to reset bios might help but if uefi is default setting this might not help at all.

What graphics card and Windows you running? Was bios switched to legacy support to install Windows? If gpu supports uefi then why was legacy enabled / secure boot disabled? May need to reinstall windows setting bios to uefi.

Jul 29, 2022
Uefi / secure boot is required for valorant to run on Win11 due to tpm requirements. Shouldn't matter on Win10.

Assuming you installed Windows under legacy? Graphics protocol is using that instead of uefi to display. Pulling cmos battery to reset bios might help but if uefi is default setting this might not help at all.

What graphics card and Windows you running? Was bios switched to legacy support to install Windows? If gpu supports uefi then why was legacy enabled / secure boot disabled? May need to reinstall windows setting bios to uefi.
Hello I have a zotac RTX 3070 and a Windows 11 that I just upgraded from Windows 10 although I have no key. What do you think I should do?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Will it reset my drivers and stuff? Like my settings?

No it wont. Removing cmos resets bios to defaults, this has nothing to do with Windows.

Turn off pc, switch psu to off and remove power cord. Locate coin sized battery on motherboard and remove it for a minute then put back, + side up. Try boot.

If it boots with display then enter bios and reconfigure your ram as this will have reset to default speed.

There's no reason for csm (legacy support) or secure boot disabled with your system specs so it's possible something else was done rather then simply enabling uefi because that would have already been enabled since you upgraded to win11.

Jul 29, 2022
No it wont. Removing cmos resets bios to defaults, this has nothing to do with Windows.

Turn off pc, switch psu to off and remove power cord. Locate coin sized battery on motherboard and remove it for a minute then put back, + side up. Try boot.

If it boots with display then enter bios and reconfigure your ram as this will have reset to default speed.

There's no reason for csm (legacy support) or secure boot disabled with your system specs so it's possible something else was done rather then simply enabling uefi because that would have already been enabled since you upgraded to win11.
It's still not displaying 😅 do you know what else I could do?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
It's still not displaying 😅 do you know what else I could do?

Maybe it's something else more simple. Where is the display cable connected to? Did you move it to troubleshoot? If processor isn't an apu model with integrated graphics the motherboard video ports won't work and need to connect cable directly to graphics card.

Enter Bios, chapter 3.2 of manual.
Soon as pc is turned on, in POST phase, mash delete or F2 key. If keyboard has a button to turn on F keys then turn it on immediately. Delete key alone should work, F2 is another button to get into bios.

Another way of getting into bios explained in manual chapter 3.2 is if miss POST phase is to press ctrl + alt + delete simultaneously and then press reset switch on case. Haven't done it this way so not sure exactly when you do this without a display to look at. Assuming when Windows begins to load or at login screen i guess. So try imagine when.

If still can't boot to bios try disconnect OS drive so it's forced to.

Hopefully you'll get to bios one way or the other. If you do, try undo the setting you did.