Ultimate Bottlenecking Guide Rev. 2.0

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rodrigodrt

Reputable
Nov 21, 2014
I feel bit sad to see the almight processor of all galaxies 4770k being marked as blue for the 1080Ti, but since its assuming a mediocre overclock i guess i shouldnt worry about pairing it with a 1080Ti.

RTX's were such a flop for me, and for me only.

Apr 26, 2018

Your CPU and GPU are not strong enough to attempt to play that game at those settings.

Karadjgne

Titan
Herald
Drop the resolution scale back to 100% and that'll clear up some gpu usage. But thats all you can do. The biggest issue is cpu usage is so high. That's all fps. I'd use the ingame cap at 60fps. The problem is all cpu. BF1 is 's multithreads game it'll use all 8,and on the large servers it's going to saturate bandwidth with so many other players. Add on top the fps demands and the cpu is getting swamped. Cut down on nvidia control panel global settings, like turn down grass detail as that's a cpu bound setting.

TechyInAZ

Polypheme
Just a small update, I have (yes again) turned this thread into a discussion thread. I have edited my original post (in red) with my reasons.

As a side note, still rocking my 1080 and stock Ryzen 7 1700X, no bottlenecking whatsoever at 3440x1440. :)

Mar 5, 2019
That's an awesome chart, but I didn't see anything for my i5 3570k. Any suggestions as I am currently running an RX460 but my FPS suck when playing graphics-heavy games.

TechyInAZ

Polypheme
That's an awesome chart, but I didn't see anything for my i5 3570k. Any suggestions as I am currently running an RX460 but my FPS suck when playing graphics-heavy games.
That's because you're on a RX 460. If you are playing at 1080P or higher, expect FPS to not be great. 1080P medium would be the best I'd think a RX 460 could do at higher frame rates.