Ultimate Bottlenecking Guide Rev. 2.0

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TechyInAZ

Polypheme
Hello Thanks for the charts.

I wanto ask you https://www.gpucheck.com/gpu/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti/amd-ryzen-7-2700x/ultra?lang=en&currency=usd here it says CPU Impact on FPS % -10. Does that mean 2700x will bottleneck 2080TI or this website results are not right ?

I'm asking espicially for 1440p 144Hz at ultra settings.

Releated question:

I am going to buy new nvidia card (2080 TI Super or whatever name will be) when it relased. Also I'm planing to upgrade my ryzen 5 2600 to ryzen 3xxx. Which cpu do you suggest for 1440p 144Hz ? Or should I keep my cpu ?
Keep the CPU, and see how your performance is. CPU bottlenecking really depends per game. If you find games that won't give you the 144fps you want, then upgrade your CPU. Something like a Ryzen 7 3700X, 3900X, or Core i9 9900K.

bioject

Reputable
Oct 2, 2016
No you are not close to bottlenecking in my opinion. Keep in mind too, the games game engine can bottleneck both CPU and GPU too. So if you see the CPU and GPU below 90% usage I'd say, that's a engine bottleneck.

But that's great you aren't bottlenecking, quad core cpus still running good today :D
Just saw this. Thanks for the info. I plan to upgrade to a 2080 in a few months for Cyberpunk 2077. Hoping my PC can continue kicking ass for a time.

Reactions: TechyInAZ

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts