[SOLVED] Ultimate Performance power plan breaks screen sharing and snip&sketch

Jan 21, 2022
Title, I can't seem to fix it. I have 2 GPUS AMD R7, AMD R8 M535DX). Whenever I switch power plans from High Performance (or Balanced) to Ultimate Performance, screen sharing and S&S don't work anymore (blank/black screen on both of them). I checked the advanced settings on both and they're all the same (checked only GPU related stuff, not battery or CPU).

Also updated GPUs, ran SFC and tried multiple things like Safe boot but the issue persists, anyone got any idea how to fix this?

Solution
You are aware that you shouldn't use Ultimate Power plan for laptops?

Why do you switch? In terms of performance both should be the same. The difference between High and Ultimate is the Ultimate will force all components to work at it's max setting (no power saving features). This for examples keeps your wifi adaptor always on, and never going into low power/sleep modes.

So, I'd suggest only using High performance. I know that doesn't answer your question though. It's possibly a bug in the U power plan.
Title, I can't seem to fix it. I have 2 GPUS AMD R7, AMD R8 M535DX). Whenever I switch power plans from High Performance (or Balanced) to Ultimate Performance, screen sharing and S&S don't work anymore (blank/black screen on both of them). I checked the advanced settings on both and they're all the same (checked only GPU related stuff, not battery or CPU).

Also updated GPUs, ran SFC and tried multiple things like Safe boot but the issue persists, anyone got any idea how to fix this?

Hey there,

We need a little more info. What OS are you running? Please list your PC specs also (apart from the GPU's you've already mentioned)

Cheers

Jan 21, 2022
Hey there,

We need a little more info. What OS are you running? Please list your PC specs also (apart from the GPU's you've already mentioned)

Cheers

I use Windows 10 21H2 (latest version I think).

AMD A12-9720P RADEON R7, 12 COMPUTE CORES 4C+8G

8 GB of RAM

Laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 320s

Also using an external 1920x1080 monitor. It's rather old, I'm not sure of the model. I tried unplugging it but the issue persisted, so I assume this isn't the issue

Why do you switch? In terms of performance both should be the same. The difference between High and Ultimate is the Ultimate will force all components to work at it's max setting (no power saving features). This for examples keeps your wifi adaptor always on, and never going into low power/sleep modes.

So, I'd suggest only using High performance. I know that doesn't answer your question though. It's possibly a bug in the U power plan.

Solution
Jan 21, 2022

Ah, I wasn't aware. I recently updated my Windows to the latest version and around that time I switched to U Power and my 2nd gpu started working properly, so I assumed it was the power plan making it work. I'll keep using High performance then. Thanks a lot^^.

Ah, I wasn't aware. I recently updated my Windows to the latest version and around that time I switched to U Power and my 2nd gpu started working properly, so I assumed it was the power plan making it work. I'll keep using High performance then. Thanks a lot^^.

No probs, you're very welcome. Glad to offer some advice :) If there's anything else I can help with, feel free to PM me.