Ummm what did I do?

Suzaku

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2007
So I upgraded to Windows 7 and at first the games played much more worse. So I first look for drivers for Window 7 and saw nothing for Windows 7 drivers for Vaio Laptop. So I went to Nvidia and saw they had laptop drivers. So naturally I uninstalled my drivers and attempted to install nvidia drivers but failed (hardware not supported). It was pretty late that night so I went to bed. So before I went to uninstall Windows 7 I decided to check out some save files for Fallout 3 to see which one to backup/keep, and I noticed it was playing much better then when I had Vista :ouch: .

So the only thing possible I can think of is that the Windows 7 default drivers are better then Sony Viao's driver when playing on vista :eek: .

ulysses35

Distinguished
Also bear in mind that Windows 7 hasnt been released as a retail product yet there are bound to be minor peformance issues that still exist.

Most vendors are working on or are releasign Windows 7 drivers as we speak, and as is usually the case the newer drivers perform better than the previous one.

Vista drivers (as mentioned by djcoolmasterx) will work fine :)

djcoolmasterx

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
Look on http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ they modify the .inf file in drivers for desktop cards to enclude all mobile cards, so you may need to download a moddified .inf and put it in the folder where the nvidia installer extracts its temporary files overwritting the version that is already there. Usually C:\Nvidia\???\.... This bypasses the "hardware not supported" problem. Desktop drivers are perfectly fine to use on laptops using this meathod.

or you can look up the vendor code for your card and add it to the inf using the same drivers as the desktop card