Question Ummm what time does Zen 3 CPUS go on sale online.

Themoniter61

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
I feel like since I can't find any info on this, it's a dumb/obvious answer, but when anyone know when CPUS go live on sites like Newegg or Microcenter?

I'm abroad and would really like to nab something online and would like to know when to be in front of 5 different computers.

It's bothering me that I can't find this anywhere, I thought it would be a bigger story this week.

Thanks in advance.

Themoniter61

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
I really thought that in spite of it saying all over that it was launching the 5th that it wasn't but son of a gun I nabbed one on Newegg (I know you're all very interested in this).

Sep 12, 2020
This is another ridiculous paper launch.
I sat refreshing pages every 30 seconds starting an hour prior to launch.
Newegg, Amazon, BestBuy and B&H

The ONLY one that gave the option to buy was BestBuy, BUT...
I clicked on "Add to cart" and a red box pops up at the top of the page saying something like:
Due to the high demand of this product it has not been added to your cart yet.
We will release a few more of the product and the button will become available again.

Meanwhile it's sitting there refreshing saying "Please Wait" and then turned into "Sold Out" in a single cycle

I called a local PC shop to see if they had one and this was their response:
Yeah, on launch day only a handful of large retailers get a small amount (Newegg, Amazon, BestBuy and B&H)
Our distributors claim they have none and will not until the end of the month.

So, it seems like @mdd1963 was 100% correct in his statement.
"I thought I read the 'launch/reviews' were soon, but, retail sales/launch into shipping channels was not until 27 Nov? "

What a sh*t show this year has been for pc component releases.

Themoniter61

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
This is another ridiculous paper launch.
I sat refreshing pages every 30 seconds starting an hour prior to launch.
Newegg, Amazon, BestBuy and B&H

The ONLY one that gave the option to buy was BestBuy, BUT...
I clicked on "Add to cart" and a red box pops up at the top of the page saying something like:
Due to the high demand of this product it has not been added to your cart yet.
We will release a few more of the product and the button will become available again.

Meanwhile it's sitting there refreshing saying "Please Wait" and then turned into "Sold Out" in a single cycle

I called a local PC shop to see if they had one and this was their response:
Yeah, on launch day only a handful of large retailers get a small amount (Newegg, Amazon, BestBuy and B&H)
Our distributors claim they have none and will not until the end of the month.

So, it seems like @mdd1963 was 100% correct in his statement.
"I thought I read the 'launch/reviews' were soon, but, retail sales/launch into shipping channels was not until 27 Nov? "

What a sh*t show this year has been for pc component releases.

Dude I feel you. The retailers and brands need to do a lot more to be protecting consumers from this crap. Sorry. Hopefully AMD will restock everyone soon.

I honest to god don't know how I got one. Until it went "shipped" in my order status I was sure they were going to give me the bad news.