[SOLVED] Unable to boot into Windows 10. No POST after disabling CMS

Jul 18, 2021
Hi,

Below is my configuration.

i510400f

Gigabyte H410M H MoBO

16GB RAM.

1GB GB Graphics Card.

The issue started after trying to install Win 11 Beta. Disabled CMS in BiOS and System won't POST. No display on VGA or HDMI.

Tried all types of CMOS Reset and no luck.

Kindly help.

TIA

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution
Jul 18, 2021
Jul 18, 2021
try removing as much as possible from PC and maybe reseat ram and see if you can get any life.

As @alceryes said, something else must be at play here as changing that shouldn't stop PC starting

Have removed both SSD and HDD, RAM, Battery, Graphics Card and still not POSTing.

The funny part is, my service engineer even tried a different MoBo (same model) but still doesn't work.

But he says he tried a different 10th Gen Intel on my MoBo, he was able to get POST.

Now, I have decided that it should be a problem with Processor and sent to Intel.

They've come back stating No Issues Found. No defect.

Kind of really stuck here.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Its hard to test a CPU that won't even post. You tried 2 different mb and CPU won't start in either. What did the testers use to make sure it actually worked?

I expect they have testing equipment but its not reacting same way 2 motherboards do.

I don't have an answer. Intel are being the pains here.

Jul 18, 2021
Its hard to test a CPU that won't even post. You tried 2 different mb and CPU won't start in either. What did the testers use to make sure it actually worked?

I expect they have testing equipment but its not reacting same way 2 motherboards do.

I don't have an answer. Intel are being the pains here.

1. Same i5 didn't work in other Brand New MoBo too.

2. When user a different 10th Gen on my MoBo, able to see POST (at least as per engr).

So, it should be a problem with processor. But Intel denying that.

The only choice left now is to buy a similar processor and test. Or is there any other way?

Colif

Win 11 Master
I agree it looks like its CPU, steps 1 & 2 pretty much spell that out.

its your word against theirs since you can't test it any other way.

looks like you need to buy a new CPU.

I doubt win 11 beta was cause but if this is only PC, I wouldn't rush to put it on yet as its not finished, i have seen it cause other problems but I don't think windows can hurt a CPU.