Question Unable to boot past Windows Automatic Repair after crash.

Niklas Ternvall

Honorable
Jul 11, 2015
10 years ago, my PC repeatedly got stuck in a boot-loop. About once a month. It could be bypassed by timing a manual power-off during the reboot.

A year back, it worsened. I thought the root cause was either Motherboard or PSU. I kept the PSU while upgrading most parts. After a year without issues, I had a similar reboot-loop. Can't tell if it's the same as the OS was upgraded from w7 to w10.

It loads past bios, then forces a reboot into Windows Repair. Automatic repair doesn't help.
I've bought a new PSU, but the issue remains. The only old components that remain are cd-r/w (10+y.o.) and GPU (5 y.o.).

When the issue first occurred, I was just closing a game, while running music in the background. Nothing intensive and no new installations. The screens got white, the sound got high and noisy. Soon after, the system crashed. Since then, I've been unable to boot up.

Any ideas on what could have caused it, or how to fix it?

10 years ago, my PC repeatedly got stuck in a boot-loop. About once a month. It could be bypassed by timing a manual power-off during the reboot.

A year back, it worsened. I thought the root cause was either Motherboard or PSU. I kept the PSU while upgrading most parts. After a year without issues, I had a similar reboot-loop. Can't tell if it's the same as the OS was upgraded from w7 to w10.

It loads past bios, then forces a reboot into Windows Repair. Automatic repair doesn't help.
I've bought a new PSU, but the issue remains. The only old components that remain are cd-r/w (10+y.o.) and GPU (5 y.o.).

When the issue first occurred, I was just closing a game, while running music in the background. Nothing intensive and no new installations. The screens got white, the sound got high and noisy. Soon after, the system crashed. Since then, I've been unable to boot up.

Any ideas on what could have caused it, or how to fix it?
That old MBs used wet electrolytic capacitors that deteriorate with time. Check, specially ones around VRM if tops are flat. If bulged or leaking they produce simpletons just like that.

Niklas Ternvall

Honorable
Jul 11, 2015
TitleBrandName
ChassiFractalDesign Define R6 USB-C Black
Power Supply UnitCorsairRM850
MotherboardAMD Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE
ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 3600, 3.6 GHz Turbo
MemoryCorsairVengeance LPX Black 16GB Ryzen
GraphicsASUSRadeon R9 270X
SSD-diskSamsung970 EVO Plus
DVD-writer??