Question Unable to change file ownership, locks me out, please help!

R1 owner

Reputable
Apr 10, 2017
Hello dear tech enthusiasts,

I've ran into this problem today and I hope someone can help me out.

I'm trying to add a language patch for a game I own from Xbox Live App on WİN 10 called A Plague Tale : Innocence

- First, windows didn't even give me access to the WindowsApps folder, but I managed to change the ownership of the file to "Administrators (DESKTOP-TM****\Administrators)"
I am able to open the file now and see the Apps and the games inside but I can't move or copy anything from it or to it.
Every file inside D:\WindowsApps has this little padlock icon on the top right corner. Maybe that's the reason.
On top of that, the Encrypt contents to secure data box is checked, and non-clickable.

IMPORTANT EDIT : If I try to add permissions from Security > Advanced tab,
The file locks me out ( see the pictures 1 and 2 )

What do I need to do to be able to give myself the full access permissions for this folder?

NEW EDIT : If I start CMD as Administrator and type takeown /f D:\WindowsApps\FocusHomeInteractiveSA.APlagueTaleInnocence-Window_1.0.6.0_x64__4hny5m903y3g0\TRTEXT /r /d y

and hit Enter

ERROR: Access Denied

Isn't there any workaround for this?

Last edited:

R1 owner

Reputable
Apr 10, 2017
Added pictures for the main problem.

Maybe microsoft store apps are not meant to be modded after all. I've tried several fixes but the encrpytion code doesn't allow me to move files in or out whatsoever.