Question Unable to edit security settings

weybrew

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2016
I want to edit my Windows 10 security settings but it seems I'm blocked by "system management" and "administrator" restrictions (I have pics but I can't see how to attache them). My computer is a home computer on a simple LAN with 2 computers, ethernet connected. I read about the Administrator Account and successfully activated it. Even after logging out of my Administrator (I'm the sole user) and logging into the Administrator Account, the setting restrictions are unchanged. Can you explain what is happening and how I can remove these setting restrictions? I am not a techie and have only modest skills.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If you are the administrator of your system, you can certainly change most settings. What specifically are you trying to change?

See here for how to post pix:

weybrew

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2016
I don't understand how to use the insert link or insert media methods, so I tried cut/paste and that didn't seem to work. I used the snipping tool and used EDIT > COPY, then used paste in the body of my reply. Sorry.

weybrew

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2016
Yes, I have tried both suggestions for registry modification. The first suggestion was to modify PUSH NOTIFICATION, which is not listed in my registry. The second suggestion had to do with Computer Configuration and Telementary mod. I can't find any of the locations specified.
I have no other antivirus other than Defender
Some other comments I have rec'd commented that it seems that the "remanufactured" statues of this PC when I bought it was not done completely and that traces of its inclusion in a company network still remain.
At any rate, I'm going to do a Clean Install... I would think that would work.