Question unable to enter BIOS/potential MOBO problem

Jun 24, 2022
I am using a MSI MAG b660M Mortar WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 with an Intel Core i5-12400 processor. I built it last night and was able to enter the BIOS without a problem. Whenever I try and enter it today, my computer goes right past the MSI bios splash screen straight to Windows. However when I press the Del button to enter the Bios it does not show the MSI logo, it just gets stuck at a Black screen and stays there. If I don't hit the Del key it goes into Windows just fine. I simply can't enter the bios. I followed some troubleshooting videos and tried to change the UEFI firmware settings, but when I try that, the same thing happens.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Jun 24, 2022
Try some other buttons like F1, F2, I think windows also has the option to restart and get into the bios automatically.
any button I try during start up does the same thing, just goes to a black screen. I just don't understand why it would have worked last night but not today.

any button I try during start up does the same thing, just goes to a black screen. I just don't understand why it would have worked last night but not today.
What kind of drive do you have; could you just disconnect the drive to see if you can force a boot into bios (I understand the difficulty when using m.2). If you can successfully enter bios, do you have some sort of fast boot option enabled; it might be best to turn that off. Since this is a new build, did you perform a fresh installation of Windows; reusing a prior Windows installation can lead to all sorts of problems. And if you have more that 1 drive connected it might help to disconnect any extra drives, especially during a fresh install of Windows.

Reactions: cabs91
Jun 24, 2022
try to clear the cmos Shut down the PC, unplug the power core from wall outlet, remove the button CMOS battery, wait for few minutes ( usually 5-10 min.), then the BIOS will be cleared and reset
Did this but it still does the same thing. Just a straight boot to Windows if I don't press anything, and it shuts down if I try to enter BIOS on reboot.

What kind of drive do you have; could you just disconnect the drive to see if you can force a boot into bios (I understand the difficulty when using m.2). If you can successfully enter bios, do you have some sort of fast boot option enabled; it might be best to turn that off. Since this is a new build, did you perform a fresh installation of Windows; reusing a prior Windows installation can lead to all sorts of problems. And if you have more that 1 drive connected it might help to disconnect any extra drives, especially during a fresh install of Windows.

This is a fresh build, newly installed Windows 10, only one SSD in an m.2 slot.

Reactions: dwd999