Question Unable to overclock 9700k on ASRock Z390m Pro4

Lobster_Clawz

Commendable
Feb 21, 2017
This is embarrassing but I have tried everything and can’t get this garbage ASRock z390m pro4 motherboard to overclock my 9700k. I have updated bios, tried changing multiplier on all core, per core and specific per core modes with no luck. I have tried with turbo enabled and disabled , I’ve changed windows power options to high performance. No matter what I do when I boot into windows v core and clock speeds are completely stock. I admit I am new to overclocking on the z390 chipset but have lots of experience in overclocking cpu’s up to the 4790k. I am at a loss and am completely stumped, please help

Endre

Reputable
This is embarrassing but I have tried everything and can’t get this garbage ASRock z390m pro4 motherboard to overclock my 9700k. I have updated bios, tried changing multiplier on all core, per core and specific per core modes with no luck. I have tried with turbo enabled and disabled , I’ve changed windows power options to high performance. No matter what I do when I boot into windows v core and clock speeds are completely stock. I admit I am new to overclocking on the z390 chipset but have lots of experience in overclocking cpu’s up to the 4790k. I am at a loss and am completely stumped, please help

I also own an i7-9700K, but it runs by default at 4600MHz-4900MHz.
No overclock at all.

Load BIOS optimal defaults.
See if it solves the issue.

If not, check your mobo’s manual to see if it can deliver those CPU frequencies.

Lobster_Clawz

Commendable
Feb 21, 2017
Well after 3 days of trying everything under the sun to overclock it finally started working. Not shure if this is what fixed it but all I did was fix the date and time in the bios and next boot I was at 5ghz finally

Reactions: Endre