[SOLVED] Unable to re-format Seagate external hard drive

Apr 27, 2020
Hey guys i am having another problem now.

I formatted my external hard drive on windows 7 before and used it on a Mac PC and did some formatting process while i was trying to use the program in it, Mac OS, now i want to erase it and re-format it from windows 7 but it is no longer behaving like an external hard drive on my windows 7 PC. It doesn't even show up on Computer it is mixed with Printers and other things when I click an option.

Does any of you know how to fix this? I want to re-format it to use it on MacOS to download and load a new OS....

Solution
Windows and Mac can format drives as Exfat natively.

In windows: run disk management, right click on the drive and select format, change the file system to ExFat, give the drive a name (Label), ensure Quick format is checked, and click Start.

For Mac: open Disk Utility , select the drive when you're on the Erase tab, select exFat in the format type box, give it a name and click 'erase'.

popatim

Titan
Windows and Mac can format drives as Exfat natively.

In windows: run disk management, right click on the drive and select format, change the file system to ExFat, give the drive a name (Label), ensure Quick format is checked, and click Start.

For Mac: open Disk Utility , select the drive when you're on the Erase tab, select exFat in the format type box, give it a name and click 'erase'.

Reactions: fegsdc
Solution