Question Unable to sucessfully install Realtek ?

LauroSalvatore

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
So... Pretty much what the title says, I've tried every possible way to install Realtek, yet I've had no luck, it shows up in Programs and Feature, but not in Device Manager, and I cannot open it in any way. Anyone has had this issue?

LauroSalvatore

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
I'm gonna make a quick list on the things I've tried so I rule out certain options:

• Installing motherboard's official realtek drivers
  • installing older drivers
  • installing windows xp/2000/vista drivers
  • installing legacy drivers from dev manager and then updating with driver easy (causes bsod)
  • running sfc /scannow in CMD with Admin privileges
  • uninstalling Realtek completely (it doesn't even show up in dev manager)
  • getting latest Windows 10 update

And that's as much as I remember, also Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio is not showing in dev manager.

Parroty69

Commendable
Oct 27, 2021
I'm gonna make a quick list on the things I've tried so I rule out certain options:

• Installing motherboard's official realtek drivers
  • installing older drivers
  • installing windows xp/2000/vista drivers
  • installing legacy drivers from dev manager and then updating with driver easy (causes bsod)
  • running sfc /scannow in CMD with Admin privileges
  • uninstalling Realtek completely (it doesn't even show up in dev manager)
  • getting latest Windows 10 update
And that's as much as I remember, also Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio is not showing in dev manager.
Did you run the installer and select the repair option? (if it has one)

A couple of things: why are you using such an old driver? Realtek is up to version 9235 now and you should be using that. Second: the installation process is kind of convoluted. You have to run the AsusSetup.exe file first and then wait. This downloads additional microsoft files that are necessary to complete the installation process. But Asus does not give you an informative dialog box indicating what is going on in the background. You may see just a small box with nothing in it. After a while the box closes and then you can run the normal Setup.exe file. You also generally need to allow the installer to reboot your computer and then wait while the installation process starts up again and it completes the install process. Sometimes its hard to know how long to wait since the software is very poorly written and does little to inform you as to what's going on.

LauroSalvatore

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
A couple of things: why are you using such an old driver? Realtek is up to version 9235 now and you should be using that. Second: the installation process is kind of convoluted. You have to run the AsusSetup.exe file first and then wait. This downloads additional microsoft files that are necessary to complete the installation process. But Asus does not give you an informative dialog box indicating what is going on in the background. You may see just a small box with nothing in it. After a while the box closes and then you can run the normal Setup.exe file. You also generally need to allow the installer to reboot your computer and then wait while the installation process starts up again and it completes the install process. Sometimes its hard to know how long to wait since the software is very poorly written and does little to inform you as to what's going on.
I'm using the latest version that there's available from the motherboard manufacturer's website.

I'll try running it that way and seeing what happens.

I'm using the latest version that there's available from the motherboard manufacturer's website.

I'll try running it that way and seeing what happens.
You could try googling Realtek 9235 and get the latest driver. The ASUS website may be out of date for available drivers since its an older motherboard and they don't maintain the website very well once motherboards are out of date, they basically just abandon it. I know since I also have an older build with an H97 motherboard but I just installed the latest driver and it works fine.

Also, I noticed you're using an Enterprise version of W10. Do you have full administrative control over the installation process or is there a network administrator in control? When you select an .exe file to run setup, can you right click on it and select "Run as Administrator"? Hope this helps.

Parroty69

Commendable
Oct 27, 2021
You could try googling Realtek 9235 and get the latest driver. The ASUS website may be out of date for available drivers since its an older motherboard and they don't maintain the website very well once motherboards are out of date, they basically just abandon it. I know since I also have an older build with an H97 motherboard but I just installed the latest driver and it works fine.

Also, I noticed you're using an Enterprise version of W10. Do you have full administrative control over the installation process or is there a network administrator in control? When you select an .exe file to run setup, can you right click on it and select "Run as Administrator"? Hope this helps.
I know, ROG and Asus have the worst support for their products