Question unable to update windows 10 from 1803

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 23, 2021
hi warlord,i have done hat before to no avail,when i try to instal the kb it fails,i cant recall now the exact fail message though. thanks for reply though.

Jan 23, 2021
i have to go into bios to set boot from usb,im correct in saying only way to do this is restart pc hit delete and it takes me to bios page yeah?

Jan 23, 2021
ok.so i restarted pc,pressed delete to get into bios set 1st boot device to removable,2nd to cd rom,3rd to my hard drive, pressed save and exit and it proceeds to start up windows.
whats that all about?

Colif

Win 10 Master
well, lets see. BIOS is legacy only (doesn't support GPT, doesn't have secure boot). Installer can work on legacy so not problem.
i found one recently where they couldn't install win 10 from USB but no answer.
try usb 2 slots on back of pc?

Jan 23, 2021
ok so i have started pc again went into BIOS and disabled cdrom and sata so only removable device left,proceeds to start then i get message "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

Jan 23, 2021
it has worked,im amazed! hehe
turns out i needed to select the usb stick,i thought when it said recovery device that was the usb stick,but when i pressed enter on recovery device i could choose the sandisk usb.whoooohoooooooooo.thank you all
new motherboard my ass!

Reactions: Colif

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS