[SOLVED] Unallocated Partition

Solution
If you used the Samsung Magician app and ran the Performance Optimization option and chose to enable Over Provisioning then that unallocated partition is actually the Over Provisioning partition used for wear levelling (i.e. the default reserved space is 10% of the SSD's total storage space).
Can I merge this partition into the usable partition on drive C without much hassle??
You have to delete 563MB recovery partition first.
Only after that you can extend C: partition.

Note - Disk Management doesn't allow deleting recovery partitions.
But you can do it with diskpart or some 3rd party partition management software. Minitool Partition Wizard free - for example.

If you used the Samsung Magician app and ran the Performance Optimization option and chose to enable Over Provisioning then that unallocated partition is actually the Over Provisioning partition used for wear levelling (i.e. the default reserved space is 10% of the SSD's total storage space).

Last edited:
Solution

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
I think you're right!! I totally forgot about that, and now I remember that S. Magician did create and use that partition for Over Provisioning! It's the exact size that it's suggesting.

I think I will let the Magician do it again, definitely worth it.

Thanks!!

Edit: I wish Samsung Mag. would give such a partition a descriptive name to remove any ambiguity.

TRENDING THREADS