Unannounced Dell All-in-One Shows Up at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
That's really not too awful.

I really don't like the all-in-one PC myself, except maybe for very specific purposes, but to each their own.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
If I could find some decent recipe software, this would be a very nice solution for chef in a kitchen. Especially when it comes to baking =\

Like they say "Birds of a feather flock together"

1) ill never buy any crappy Dell
2) I'll never buy a computer at crappy Wallmart!!!!

At least they put all the shit together :p

Yeah its a nice price for what it is.... but won't last for long (1 year)because of the crappy parts used by Dell to save money

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]stridervm[/nom]Doesn't sound too bad, especially if you cannot build your own system....But if the IGP is onboard.... =([/citation]
Intel GMA x4500 IGP :/

starhoof

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
I am pretty sure i remember seeing one of those at my tech school over a year ago, airman brought it to the lobby of my dorm and played L4D on it, I was like what is that ????

I am not sure, however if it was exactly same computer tho, but I'm pretty sure it was dell.

edwilson

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
Anyone see what OS this runs?, I would assume Win7- but what version? It looks like a good PC for the older / plug n play crowd.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]mr_tuel[/nom]Good price, but will it last 2-3 years?[/citation]

Most dells hold up beyond 3 years. Sure they aren't bulletproof but what is. I'd take a dell any day over an acer and especially over an asus. Best laptop brands are dell, toshiba, apple, fujitsu, ibm. toshiba and apple have the lowest defect/return rate.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]mr_tuel[/nom]Good price, but will it last 2-3 years?[/citation]
For basic use (surfing, e-mail, YouTube, etc) it will last a good while, the CPU is not the fastest but I have slower comps with less CPU, RAM power still going strong. You don't need a super system for web surfing or checking facebook, a basic comp like this will do fine.

zelannii

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Not a bad deal really for an all in one.[/citation]

Not bad, but not good. a Mac Mini and a cheap 19" monitor can be had for about $700 ($740 with a RAM upgrade), and that comes with a decent processor (a bit slower, but at least it has VT), a much better GPU, better expandability, faster RAM, and higher resolution, and it runs OS X and Windows.

Step up $500, and you get a 3GHz iMac, 21.5 vs 18.5", better resolution, better GPU, Better WiFi, bluetooth, much greater expandability, wireless components (kbd/mouse), better speakers, lower power draw, cheaper extended warranty, a free copy of Parallels 5, and more. A Dell with an intel GMA GPU might last a year or two before it's completely useless on the modern Internet, and from day 1 it can't do HD video and can't support dual displays, where an iMac should last 3-5 years easy, and resell later for 1/3rd its value or more. At least on the Mini or an iMac you can play WoW...

zelannii

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]For basic use (surfing, e-mail, YouTube, etc) it will last a good while, the CPU is not the fastest but I have slower comps with less CPU, RAM power still going strong. You don't need a super system for web surfing or checking facebook, a basic comp like this will do fine.[/citation]

I don;t know if he's so concerned with component failure as "will it be SUEFUL" in 2-3 years. With a GMA GPU, slow RAM, no VT support, no external monitor port, it's not looking good...

zelannii

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]For basic use (surfing, e-mail, YouTube, etc) it will last a good while, the CPU is not the fastest but I have slower comps with less CPU, RAM power still going strong. You don't need a super system for web surfing or checking facebook, a basic comp like this will do fine.[/citation]

Basic users today are expecting Hulu to work, Netflix, Flash videos, online games, and more. An intel GMA GPU that can't handle 1080p video is gonna piss off a lot of consumers...

Status
Not open for further replies.