Unboxing the BioShock 2 Special Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

codeman03xx

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
I don't know game just didn't interest me, played it for like a half hour and I got really bored. Play something worth while like Mass Effect 2

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
I wonder why is it that movies cost more to make than games but games cost many times more money.

the crap in that box is not worth what there going to charge for it. all special edition games are like this, they nearly double the price and add probably $1-2 worth of additional stuff.

If game companies want to sell more games and make more money, lower the price to around what it would cost to buy a movie, you will make less per copy sold but at the end of the day, you would have made more money. would you rather have 5000 people buy your game at $60 or 500000 buy it at around $10-20?

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
It also requires an understanding in manufacturing. Which doesn't seem you have.

You people really thing you're smarter then all game companies?.. Seriously get over yourselves.

flea420

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
"I wonder why is it that movies cost more to make than games but games cost many times more money."

Because games dont generally sell in the multi millions catagory.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Razor512[/nom]I wonder why is it that movies cost more to make than games but games cost many times more money.the crap in that box is not worth what there going to charge for it. all special edition games are like this, they nearly double the price and add probably $1-2 worth of additional stuff.If game companies want to sell more games and make more money, lower the price to around what it would cost to buy a movie, you will make less per copy sold but at the end of the day, you would have made more money. would you rather have 5000 people buy your game at $60 or 500000 buy it at around $10-20?[/citation]

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare 2 sold over 11 million copies at $60 each. That's $660+ million in revenue. If they were to reduce the cost of MW2 to $10 they would have to have sold 66 million copies of the game to make a comparable amount of money. Not happening. Even at $20 they would have to have sold 33 million copies of the game. Not happening either.

At $10 a piece IW would have to sell a copy of MW2 to pretty much every PS3 or 360 owner in the world. You're comparison is illogical. Movie studios, on the other hand, could probably benefit from lowering the price of movie tickets. I saw Avatar and I would go see it again if the tickets weren't so expensive. I'd see a lot of movies twice if the tickets weren't so expensive.

theubersmurf

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
I don't plan on getting this, the first's combat was too clumsy, and I'm sure it's the same engine, or possibly an updated version. I had hoped it being in the first person that it would be something of an fps, and it is, but it's much more a role playing game.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Nice to see that 2K Games cares for the environment! It just doesn't make any sense to my why these companies are using big plastic/metal cases for games and movies, especially for "special edition" releases when it's quite evident that it's all garbage and it's not value added to the customer. How about giving us great content and .pdf manuals and forget about wasting all that paper and plastic!

G

There is nothing wrong with wasting paper or plastic you damn hippy. Stfu already.
We can grow more trees for the paper, and we can throw away the plastic, plenty of space where to dump garbage. And no, don't give me any bs about not enough trees, we have more trees now than we did 50 years ago. Just because you eat potatoes, there is no potato shortage because they just grew more potatoes. Same with trees grown for paper, we grow more trees as the demand for paper rises... there is no shortage of trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.