unecm convert whole directory or queue up multiple files help

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael2459

Reputable
Jun 14, 2015
I have a lot of files that I need to unecm, but the program I have requires me to drag and drop them 1 at a time over the application icon. Is there a way I can use a command in cmd or have someone write me a batch file to run this program with each file in a directory? I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask or not, but any help is appreciated. Thanks.

michael2459

Reputable
Jun 14, 2015
Just in case someone has a similar issue and manages to stumble across this post, I managed to figure out how to code the batch file myself. After a bit of fooling around with the commands, this ended up applying every .ecm file in my chosen directory to the specified program. The "(*.ecm)" can be changed to a different file extension if needed. The first path is the directory to scan, and the second with the unecm.exe is of course the path to the program to apply the files to. Hope it helps someone.

(start a text file and save as all file types and save it with a name that ends in .bat)

The code:

for /R D:\ECM\process\ %%i in (*.ecm) do "C:\Users\Micha\Downloads\Important\ecm tools\unecm.exe" "%%i"
pause >nul

Cannasteve

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016

Hi michael2459 i have search for few hours a batch solution for the same thing and i find your solution but it does not work fo me, my batch file look like this:
for /R T:\Roms\Nouveau dossier\ %%i in (*.ecm) do "T:\Roms\Nouveau dossier\ecm tools\unecm.exe" "%%i"
pause >nul

In Nouveau dossier folder there is many subfolders wich in it .ecm files ECM files are not directly in Nouveau dossier, did i miss a caracter or space or something like that?

michael2459

Reputable
Jun 14, 2015
All of the files must be within the folder you specified and not within subfolders of that folder. When I did it, I just searched *.ecm and dragged them all into one place. I don't know how to get it to scan subfolders as I'm not familiar with this kind of code. Hope that helps.

James_356

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
Thank you, this worked great. The only issue I had is I didn't realize I actually needed the bat file.

Feb 14, 2021
powershel to the rescue:
Code:
Get-ChildItem -Filter *.ecm -Recurse G:\Media\Games\test_zip | % { $_.FullName } | Split-Path | Get-Unique | % { cd $_ ; &'C:\ppApps\ecm_tools\unecm.exe' *.ecm}

Wolfshadw

Titan
Ie7ywJG.jpg

And only four and a half years too late!
Please do not revive old and dead topics.

Closing.
Wolfshadw

Status
Not open for further replies.