Question Unfixable screen tearing -- any guesses?

Oct 16, 2024
Screenshot-2024-10-17-120056.png

IMG-20241017-WA0000.jpg

I'm at a loss right here.Yesterday the monitor is perfectly fine and well, but today when I opened it, it looks like this, Over-saturated and tearing off the top and bottom of the screen i.e. screen-tearing. I have already tried all of the following:

1. Refresh rate is max 60Hz with 60Hz being selected
  2. Toggled V-Sync on, off and adaptive in the control panels > no effect
  3. All resolution settings are recommended both in the nvidia control panel and the windows display settings
  4. Reinstalled Nvidia graphics driver and restarted > no effect
  5. Updated both the Studio and Game-Ready Drivers > no effect
  6. Tried adjusting max frame rate from 60 to 132, then setting the maximum refresh rate to 130 > Screen blacks out, monitor displays Out of Range!

Monitor is BenQ EW2755ZH, connected to Nvidia GEForce RTX 4060. Device manager detected no problems with both the monitor and the graphics card and all drivers are up-to-date.

Please help, running out of solutions

Last edited:
any changes done like hdr or screen color eye friendly settings in windows changed? accessibility options in windows altered?

did you try changing brightness/color temperature/gamma/picture mode in the osd menu of your monitor?

video cable still plugged in tightly?
try a different cable and video port on both ends.

try ddu uninstaller and delete all nvidia drivers completely. restart and reinstall the latest nvidia.com driver

max refresh rate is 60Hz for this monitor, so nothing out of the ordinary if it's not displaying while 130Hz is set

Oct 16, 2024
any changes done like hdr or screen color eye friendly settings in windows changed? accessibility options in windows altered?
No, literally nothing.
did you try changing brightness/color temperature/gamma/picture mode in the osd menu of your monitor?
Doesn't work

try ddu uninstaller and delete all nvidia drivers completely. restart and reinstall the latest nvidia.com driver
It's not working, I tried it, which uninstalled all the drivers and restarted the pc, then reinstalled all of them. No dice. Surprisingly easy to run though.

video cable still plugged in tightly?
try a different cable and video port on both ends.
Yes, it was very tight.

I don't have a new cable or port right now

Last edited: