Question UniFi Controller getting hot ?

Apr 22, 2022
Hi Good Morning,

I am facing an issue with UniFi controller, it is supposed to work on room temperature, but I have even install an AirCon but still controller is getting heated up so badly that I need to reboot it after every couple of hours. Can someone guide me if it is known issue or do I need to change some configuration to control the heating. I have installed a brand new controller recently, but still issue persist. How can I fix this issue or is someone else is having the same issue ?

Also, I have Domotz installed, and I need to configure temperature monitoring in it but I am unable to find the PID. If someone can help me in that I would be very grateful for that.

Thanks

Kamran

kanewolf

Titan
Hi Good Morning,

I am facing an issue with UniFi controller, it is supposed to work on room temperature, but I have even install an AirCon but still controller is getting heated up so badly that I need to reboot it after every couple of hours. Can someone guide me if it is known issue or do I need to change some configuration to control the heating. I have installed a brand new controller recently, but still issue persist. How can I fix this issue or is someone else is having the same issue ?

Also, I have Domotz installed, and I need to configure temperature monitoring in it but I am unable to find the PID. If someone can help me in that I would be very grateful for that.

Thanks

Kamran
Which hardware do you have? CloudKey V1 or V2?

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2022
More information needed.

Is it the on-site management system that is getting hot?

If yes then provide system specs.

This product?

https://dl.ubnt.com/guides/UniFi/UniFi_Controller_UG.pdf

Are you able to provide more information about your overall network setup?

For example, see physically numbered Page 1 of the User Guide with an example diagram.

Yes, this is on site management and the controller model is UniFi OS UCK G2 Plus 2.4.8