[SOLVED] Unique pc bootloop, turns on then 4 seconds later the lights go out and immediately back on. No BIOS no display

Aug 9, 2020
Hey, usually i'm pretty experienced with fixing pc problems but this issue is pretty unique and only started happening all of a sudden and it's something i can't seem to find a fix for.

It all started happening when I was playing civilization 6 with a friend and my computer display randomly froze, but the pc was still on. the only way to get the display to work again is from a restart. So i started looking it up online and after a few times of turning it off and on again a new issue arose.

The current problem now is that when i turn on the pc the lights turn on normally fans start spinning however no display at all and every 4 seconds the lights turn off and instantly back on. I can't reach Bios.

I've tried:
  1. Different gpu
  2. checked all the cords, unplugged all unnecessary peripherals
  3. clear cmos with jumped AND battery
  4. tried one stick of ram instead of two

my specs:
i7 7700
h270m-ds3h-cf
2x8 gb hyperx fury
1 tb 970 evo
asus 2060
evga 500w 80+
thermaltake h22

issue:
View: https://youtu.be/k9fcldKLXwY

All help very much appreciated, all my previous problems were fixed thanks to this forum so i'm once again relying on it for help

Solution
Because that's just how bad/insufficient power supplies are - they'll work fine for any random amount of time, under load, idle, everything would work perfectly, and then one day they'll just die of their own accord. There's no way to predict when it can happen, only to predict how likely it is to happen, based on the PSU's quality and the system's demands. Your power supply is meant for systems with integrated graphics, at best maybe like a GT 1030 or RX 550. You're using a mid-range RTX 2060 on it, it was bound to die at some point. I'm surprised it lasted this long, but again, that's just how power supplies are. It has probably been slowly killing your other parts too by ways of bad power delivery. I wouldn't be surprised if some...
Of course I can't be 100% sure, but the best starting point for you really is to get a proper PSU, that EVGA unit does not sound impressive at all and is probably what has died due to the load the components put on it. You need a better quality 550 W unit, a Corsair CX550 would be the minimum. Right now PSU prices are crazy thanks to the pandemic, the CX550 is going for $75 which is still a half-decent price, though it has gone for much lower than that. I'd still not suggest getting anything lower quality than that.

Aug 9, 2020
Of course I can't be 100% sure, but the best starting point for you really is to get a proper PSU, that EVGA unit does not sound impressive at all and is probably what has died due to the load the components put on it. You need a better quality 550 W unit, a Corsair CX550 would be the minimum. Right now PSU prices are crazy thanks to the pandemic, the CX550 is going for $75 which is still a half-decent price, though it has gone for much lower than that. I'd still not suggest getting anything lower quality than that.
Im currently trying with my sisters psu, i don't want to spend money if i don't have to. i'll consider it

Im currently trying with my sisters psu, i don't want to spend money if i don't have to. i'll consider it
Your current PSU is NOT sufficient for your system, so even if you do find out that the PSU is dead and get it replaced, you'd still be at a risk of another dead PSU and it could do damage to other parts as well. Getting a good PSU is the first step in having a safe and stable system.

Aug 9, 2020
Your current PSU is NOT sufficient for your system, so even if you do find out that the PSU is dead and get it replaced, you'd still be at a risk of another dead PSU and it could do damage to other parts as well. Getting a good PSU is the first step in having a safe and stable system.
you think so? it was working for past couple months i'm just in disbelief as to why it happened right now of all times.

you think so? it was working for past couple months i'm just in disbelief as to why it happened right now of all times.
Because that's just how bad/insufficient power supplies are - they'll work fine for any random amount of time, under load, idle, everything would work perfectly, and then one day they'll just die of their own accord. There's no way to predict when it can happen, only to predict how likely it is to happen, based on the PSU's quality and the system's demands. Your power supply is meant for systems with integrated graphics, at best maybe like a GT 1030 or RX 550. You're using a mid-range RTX 2060 on it, it was bound to die at some point. I'm surprised it lasted this long, but again, that's just how power supplies are. It has probably been slowly killing your other parts too by ways of bad power delivery. I wouldn't be surprised if some other parts in your PC are also dead and need replacement because of the PSU dying.

Aug 9, 2020
Because that's just how bad/insufficient power supplies are - they'll work fine for any random amount of time, under load, idle, everything would work perfectly, and then one day they'll just die of their own accord. There's no way to predict when it can happen, only to predict how likely it is to happen, based on the PSU's quality and the system's demands. Your power supply is meant for systems with integrated graphics, at best maybe like a GT 1030 or RX 550. You're using a mid-range RTX 2060 on it, it was bound to die at some point. I'm surprised it lasted this long, but again, that's just how power supplies are. It has probably been slowly killing your other parts too by ways of bad power delivery. I wouldn't be surprised if some other parts in your PC are also dead and need replacement because of the PSU dying.
A good PSU from a good brand and a good model with a 7 to 10 years warranty is what you want :)
thank you guys for your input, i will definitely upgrade, however i found the fix. my monitor was off. LOL i can not believe i was this dilusional... but what surprises me was the fact that when i turned on my monitor it instantly stopped bootlooping. This is literally not a troll that was the entire fix. well now i'm scared and will definitely invest in a new psu regardless of the fact that the total TDP of my computer is 305 watts. apparently that gpu is rated maximum 140 watts o_O

Solution