Question Unknow cause of screen split/Taring

Feb 9, 2021
In late 2019 I ordered the Acer Gaming Monitor 27" curved ED273. On and off I have been experiencing a screen splitting effect. It looks like half my monitor is about a quarter of an inch up compared to the other half.

I originally thought it was when I activated G-SYNC, so I turned that off in the NIVIDA settings.

It didn't happen for months, but then it started happening regularly again without the G-SYNC turned on.

I fix it by unplugging my monitor or resetting my computer, and I have no idea what causes it.

I do have a photo, but I am very new to this site and do not know the preferred posting method for that.

Edit: View: https://imgur.com/a/Fnf2seG
Picture

Last edited:
In late 2019 I ordered the Acer Gaming Monitor 27" curved ED273. On and off I have been experiencing a screen splitting effect. It looks like half my monitor is about a quarter of an inch up compared to the other half.

I originally thought it was when I activated G-SYNC, so I turned that off in the NIVIDA settings.

It didn't happen for months, but then it started happening regularly again without the G-SYNC turned on.

I fix it by unplugging my monitor or resetting my computer, and I have no idea what causes it.

I do have a photo, but I am very new to this site and do not know the preferred posting method for that.

Edit: View: https://imgur.com/a/Fnf2seG
Picture
are you using the cable that came with the pc or one you had? if one you had was it known to be of quality or cheap? and if it's the one that came with the monitor probably a cheap one and i would replace with a high quality one

Do you have another monitor or cable you could try? Possibly a different port on the graphics card?
Its odd that restarting your PC fixes it as well as restarting the monitor, however I would probably lean towards the cable or monitor being the issue.

If you do narrow it down to the monitor, Acer monitors are covered under a 3 year warranty.

Reactions: white.a.drew
Feb 9, 2021
are you using the cable that came with the pc or one you had? if one you had was it known to be of quality or cheap? and if it's the one that came with the monitor probably a cheap one and i would replace with a high quality one
alpologies for the late reply. I have replaced the cable and it is not the one that came with the computer. I think this is cable number 3. Some have gotten moved around to different computers. It cost me about $15 and I am not sure if that is cheap or not.

Feb 9, 2021
Do you have another monitor or cable you could try? Possibly a different port on the graphics card?
Its odd that restarting your PC fixes it as well as restarting the monitor, however I would probably lean towards the cable or monitor being the issue.

If you do narrow it down to the monitor, Acer monitors are covered under a 3 year warranty.
I have contacted Acer help with this and told me to switch cables. I did and the orginal cable I used was not the one that came with the monitor. They had no idea what was going on. I have been thinking about going back to them and seeing if I can get some more information, but as of right now it is an east issue to fix.

I think the resetting the PC works because the monitor goes to "sleep" and/or stand by because it looses signal. Unplugging the DP cable also does it, but the power cable is easier to pull in and out.

So cutting the signal fixes it too, interesting.
Since you already tried switching cables at Acers request, I would reopen your ticket with them and request an RMA.
It may be easy to fix now, but if there is some other underlying issue you want to get that fixed before it fails entirely.

So cutting the signal fixes it too, interesting.
Since you already tried switching cables at Acers request, I would reopen your ticket with them and request an RMA.
It may be easy to fix now, but if there is some other underlying issue you want to get that fixed before it fails entirely.
alpologies for the late reply. I have replaced the cable and it is not the one that came with the computer. I think this is cable number 3. Some have gotten moved around to different computers. It cost me about $15 and I am not sure if that is cheap or not.
I mean yes and no it deepends on the cables you are using. A lot of first gen curved monitors like specific hdmi/dp cables.
Like this
Ignore all the fancy feature and everything it supports. Thats not the point of me posting it, i can't remeber the feature that was included with these cables but it fixed a lot of these similiar issues that you are having with your curved monitor for others that have first gen launches. If this cable doant help then i would recommend getting the monitor rma'd