I recently noticed a file named "Overland.cab" located in
C>Programs>Overland. It contains what appear to be a slew of zipped folders,
almost all with the letters HP starting their name, eg. hptskmgr.exe, so I
suspect they are Hewlett Packard programs, but I cant locate them at HP. None
of the executables seem to have been installed in my system. Anyone know what
these are and is it ok to just delete the master folder from C>Programs.

Malke

George OK wrote:

> I recently noticed a file named "Overland.cab" located in
> C>Programs>Overland. It contains what appear to be a slew of zipped
> folders, almost all with the letters HP starting their name, eg.
> hptskmgr.exe, so I suspect they are Hewlett Packard programs, but I
> cant locate them at HP. None of the executables seem to have been
> installed in my system. Anyone know what these are and is it ok to
> just delete the master folder from C>Programs.

Do you have some kind of tape backup (or other type of backup program)
installed?

http://www.overlandstorage.com/

If you have an HP computer, perhaps this is something they preinstalled.
Check with their tech support in that case to be sure.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

I have Acronis True Image installed for disk backup etc. but it went in
before Overland showed up. It's not related to Overland Storeage as far as I
know, and I don't have an HP computer, but do have an HP all in one printer,
fax, scanner, copier.

"Malke" wrote:

> George OK wrote:
>
> > I recently noticed a file named "Overland.cab" located in
> > C>Programs>Overland. It contains what appear to be a slew of zipped
> > folders, almost all with the letters HP starting their name, eg.
> > hptskmgr.exe, so I suspect they are Hewlett Packard programs, but I
> > cant locate them at HP. None of the executables seem to have been
> > installed in my system. Anyone know what these are and is it ok to
> > just delete the master folder from C>Programs.
>
> Do you have some kind of tape backup (or other type of backup program)
> installed?
>
> http://www.overlandstorage.com/
>
> If you have an HP computer, perhaps this is something they preinstalled.
> Check with their tech support in that case to be sure.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic"

Malke

George OK wrote:

> I have Acronis True Image installed for disk backup etc. but it went
> in
> before Overland showed up. It's not related to Overland Storeage as
> far as I know, and I don't have an HP computer, but do have an HP all
> in one printer, fax, scanner, copier.
>
> "Malke" wrote:
>
>> George OK wrote:
>>
>> > I recently noticed a file named "Overland.cab" located in
>> > folders, almost all with the letters HP starting their name, eg.
>> > hptskmgr.exe, so I suspect they are Hewlett Packard programs, but I
>> > cant locate them at HP. None of the executables seem to have been
>> > installed in my system. Anyone know what these are and is it ok to
>> > just delete the master folder from C>Programs.

Then I'd check with HP tech support to see if it belongs to them.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com