[SOLVED] Unknown USB device (Set Address failed)

Nov 8, 2019
Hello, guys!

I'm in big trouble. It's a "hama USB 3.0 64 GB" I'm talking about here. I have tried to transfer some important files on it and accidentally took it out of the USB Port without ejecting it. Please tell me there is a way to fix it. I searched the web, didn't get the solution. Everything else is about "Device Description Request Failed" or something like that.

Here's a link of screens showing my specs and the issue itself. I have put this USB device in another PC, tried different kinds of tricks and ,at least , it is now readable as a detachable USB device and it has a specific error. It's still not showing up on "This PC" .

Unknown USB device (Set Address failed) : How to fix this problem?

View: https://imgur.com/a/cgfmju0

Please help! I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Mihai

Solution
try deleting the Unknown USB device in Device manager and Allow it to Remove the associated Drivers/software in the next window. Unplug the USB flash and wait a minute before plugging it back in again.
See if that works.

I had to do that several times for a 32Gb card years ago before it finally worked and would format, but then I realized that i didn't trust it anymore anyways and threw it out.

Lutfij

Titan
Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Since you're working with a laptop, include the make and model of your laptop and the SKU to said laptop. Have you manually installed all drivers meant for your platform after sourcing them from the laptop manufacturer's site?

On a donor system, does the USB device show up without errors?

Reactions: Clapback
Nov 8, 2019
MSI GF63-Thin 9SC

SKU : 16R3.1

CPU: Intel Core i5-9300H 2.4 Ghz
Motherboard: MS-16R3
RAM: 8 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
SSD : 256 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB video memory
PSU: - ( AC Power Adaptor is 150 W if that helps )
Chassis: -

No, I haven't manually installed the drivers. I didn't even source them from the manufacturer's site, they were automatically installed and updated.

Would you kindly explain to me what is a donor system?

popatim

Titan
try deleting the Unknown USB device in Device manager and Allow it to Remove the associated Drivers/software in the next window. Unplug the USB flash and wait a minute before plugging it back in again.
See if that works.

I had to do that several times for a 32Gb card years ago before it finally worked and would format, but then I realized that i didn't trust it anymore anyways and threw it out.

Solution